New coaching staff #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Singularity;n144895 said:
Hmmmm, what if the WR coach has been Mike Groh all this time? Just finalizing details? We will see.

I would love to see him on this staff. He is a great recruiter, I believe he has either been a candidate or won top recruiter recoginiton in the past. With the experience he has at coaching the wr position, this would be a huge improvement.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else want to see a Dwayne Dixon hire?

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
alcoholica;n144969 said:
Anyone else want to see a Dwayne Dixon hire?

That'd work for me ! I'm a big Dwayne Dixon fan.

The productivity of the wideouts while he was coaching them at Florida was outstanding. (Of course, that was a Spurrier offense, so the ball was in the air a lot.) My impression is that he is really, really sound in teaching the fundamentals of WR craft. According to https://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dixon_dwayne00.html, he's been at Ohio Univ. 8 years ... could be ready for a change. (And return to the mother-ship and home. Didn't he go to Sante Fe High School?)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That would be fine with me if he came back

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like we're in line to get a good WR coach, regardless.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yankeetown;n144993 said:
That'd work for me ! I'm a big Dwayne Dixon fan.

The productivity of the wideouts while he was coaching them at Florida was outstanding. (Of course, that was a Spurrier offense, so the ball was in the air a lot.) My impression is that he is really, really sound in teaching the fundamentals of WR craft. According to https://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dixon_dwayne00.html, he's been at Ohio Univ. 8 years ... could be ready for a change. (And return to the mother-ship and home. Didn't he go to Sante Fe High School?)

I'd be ok with DD coming home. And yes pretty sure he played at SFHS.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love Dwayne coming back. We were WR university while he was here. Hopefully he's kept up with the times.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another thing Bob Redman said on the radio was that he thinks Mac wants Groh but has to convince him to leave the NFL even though he doesn't have a job right now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n145233 said:
Another thing Bob Redman said on the radio was that he thinks Mac wants Groh but has to convince him to leave the NFL even though he doesn't have a job right now.

sounds like the other guy from Syracuse may be a back up plan. I was listening to Bob Redman too

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n145054 said:
I'd be ok with DD coming home. And yes pretty sure he played at SFHS.

He did, back in the late 70's I believe. Played at UF also, and led us in receiving his last two years i think

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@CoachGregNord: Great meeting the Gators tonight. First meeting with Coach Mac and new staff. Do what's right.

Singularity

Dec 18, 2014
Whoever the WR coach ends up being, the staff that has been assembled by Coach Mac is very impressive. Having said that, I do hope we land a WR coach that can develop talent, coach up talent, and recruit lights out :)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Almighty_rod55: Can't wait to lead the offensive line to success @johnnytownsend1: Just met with the best staff in the country!! 2015 were gonna be on top 🐊

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Looks like Coach McElwain has moved in now that the bowl game is over. Already getting kids to "buy in" 2 days after the old staff has been kicked out.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorTAG;n145312 said:
Looks like Coach McElwain has moved in now that the bowl game is over. Already getting kids to "buy in" 2 days after the old staff has been kicked out.
I'm glad to see it! Hopefully they'll be able to get everyone to buy in cause we can't afford a bunch of transfers.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Marianna said:
I'm glad to see it! Hopefully they'll be able to get everyone to buy in cause we can't afford a bunch of transfers.
I hope he fumigated the place after he showed Durking & Co. the door.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah there needs to be a huge tent over the complex for a couple days. Love what Mac is doing. Not only is he exciting the players, he's got the coaching staff fired up! It's so nice to have a fresh and exciting perspective around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator