Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If Appleby has to sit a year, is he worth taking?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If Appleby has to sit a year, is he worth taking?

Considering we have the potential to lose 5-6 guys next year, yes.

Blackshear - gone
Nembhard - gone
Johnson - potentially gone
Lewis - likely gone
Mann - potentially gone
Bassett/Gak - one of them probably leaves

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good! Don't recall ever having our basketball cauldron bubbling this much, this time of year.?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That's Mike White processing bad weight. If you aren't going to put in the work, get out.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we knew someone was going. If I had to pick, Stokes is probably the best option.
Let's go get the Appleby kid!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This will be a yearly thing going forward with this coaching staff.
Getting the talent on campus is one thing; Coach White and staff need to do the other part of their jobs now, coach em' up and make a deep run in the tourney on a regular basis, like every year. I'm not asking for much.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Man, I really liked Stokes potential. His brother was a monster. All these transfers worry me. Why so many? Do we have a pot-smoking problem on the team? Did we settle for a bunch of scrub recruits? How you gonna jettison nearly half the team (Stokes, Ballard, Stone, Okaru). Are we going to have player roulette ever season from now on? I get attached to rooting for my guys. I see their potential, not necessarily their current status. Okaru is only one of the bunch I'm happy to see leave the program.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why so many? Do we have a pot-smoking problem on the team? Did we settle for a bunch of scrub recruits? How you gonna jettison nearly half the team (Stokes, Ballard, Stone, Okaru). Are we going to have player roulette ever season from now on?.

White has had a culture problem for 2 seasons. Remember all the "hero ball" comments during the 2017-2018 season? There were still problems last year. White is cleaning house. I love it! This only matters if he changes himself. Stop creating an environment that fosters those kind of attitudes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our roster was way too imbalanced. We need another quality guard in the worst way next year and we have too many big men. I have zero problems with these transfers. White had a hard to getting in going on the recruiting trail the first few years and those guys are transferring out. He's got it going now. If we get the appleby kid we're going to be loaded for atleast the next 2 years.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Our roster was way too imbalanced. We need another quality guard in the worst way next year and we have too many big men. I have zero problems with these transfers. White had a hard to getting in going on the recruiting trail the first few years and those guys are transferring out. He's got it going now. If we get the appleby kid we're going to be loaded for atleast the next 2 years.

Would prefer an extra 3 or 4 rather than a guard, but I agree with the rest. Whites cookin on the trail and with transfers.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Krono might be right with this being a yearly thing with this coaching staff. We would LOVE to pull in this kind of top talent and get rid of the dead weight yearly like this. This roster is LOADED with talent. Lets hope these guys can gel together and White and the coaching staff can coach them up enough to a Sweet 16 and more. Future looking bright for Gators Basketball! :pumper:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To see dynamic play, don't we need a dynamic coach? 7 days per week.
Like to see the constant threat of working the ball inside, where the 60% FGs are.
Keep opposing Ds chasing. Back on its heels.
The coach needs the players, the players need coaching. This is where we are = upcoming.
Can the players bring the excitement that their coach holds in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator