NFL Playoff Predictions - Round 2

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I frankly thought the Colts OL was worse than the Broncos. Happy to **** the bed on the pick for sure.:thumbup:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see a few of us picked all the games correctly. In round 3, the points are doubling.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n148953 said:
I see a few of us picked all the games correctly. In round 3, the points are doubling.

Just making up new rules as you go along?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n148791 said:
Fellas...why? Just why? I'd really want to get an explanation. Denver limped into the playoffs, they looked to be even worse than usual. Sasquatch always claims to be a sports genius....why man? Why? Had you not seen enough of Manning's history?

Not a much as picking Peyton, as much as not picking the Colts Defense and Running Game. Didn't think they had the personal to take away the middle of the field which is Peyton's bread and butter.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ReelGatorDoc;n148692 said:
so are you guys saying Romo should be the league MVP?

He didn't play a bad game, but even at the end of the season, didn't believe he should be.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm more than happy to have picked denver incorrectly. I thought theyd squeak by and get demolished by Brady next week. Colts D and run game surprised me. Their D played their best game of the year and while the run game still wasnt dominant, it was serviceable and consistently helped move the chains, also probably the best performance of the year. I got 3/4 of right, so thats passing at least :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Doug and Durty's explanation for taking Denver makes no sense. The issue is about Peyton Manning, the biggest postseason choker (by far) in NFL history. It should have made no difference if Denver was playing the Titans or the Jags, they were going to lose that game. In the playoffs, Manning makes bad defenses look good, that's why he's Peyton Manning.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n149007 said:
Doug and Durty's explanation for taking Denver makes no sense. The issue is about Peyton Manning, the biggest postseason choker (by far) in NFL history. It should have made no difference if Denver was playing the Titans or the Jags, they were going to lose that game. In the playoffs, Manning makes bad defenses look good, that's why he's Peyton Manning.

Don't forget, Manning was already in playoff form coming into the game. He played horrible the last month of the regular season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n149007 said:

He didn't choke until the Super Bowl last year, and there should have been enough talent around him to make that difference. It happens.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n149016 said:
He didn't choke until the Super Bowl last year, and there should have been enough talent around him to make that difference. It happens.

Well, I hope you guys learned a valuable lesson. NEVER pick a team with Peyton as the QB in the postseason. :lol:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This Broncos team is probably the most talented team Manning has ever had which makes his choke job even better. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n149020 said:
This Broncos team is probably the most talented team Manning has ever had which makes his choke job even better. :lol:

That is very true... I rooted for the colts, just didn't think they had to defense to do it, especially after their previous weeks game. But it is fitting that it was Luck and the Colts who stopped Peytons most talent laden team from moving on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Like Wobble already said, that team was headed into the toilet the entire last month of the season. Let's face it, Manning is old and can barely throw anymore, and it really started showing. He wasn't coming off the record-setting year he was last year.

The man is finished. I think he'll try to play one more year, but he should retire.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n149030 said:
Like Wobble already said, that team was headed into the toilet the entire last month of the season. Let's face it, Manning is old and can barely throw anymore, and it really started showing. He wasn't coming off the record-setting year he was last year.

The man is finished. I think he'll try to play one more year, but he should retire.

Just like Fatford can't win against winning teams on the road (0-17), Peyton is horrible in the playoffs. We all make mistakes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n149031 said:
Just like Fatford can't win against winning teams on the road (0-17), Peyton is horrible in the playoffs. We all make mistakes.
Well, your mistake is going to cost you a month off. :bananawave:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n149020 said:

thats why i picked them, i figured between all the talent they had, coupled with the fact that the colts really havent been that good - no run game and soft defense, that denver's defense and running game would win them the game despite mannings suckiness. I was wrong, wrong, wrong... does that make you feel better Ox? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator