NFL Playoffs

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe we don't have a thread on this. To start off, I love the fact that the Giants got spanked by the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB not named Brady.

My beloved Dolphins got their asses spanked. One and done. But at least they got in?

Is Moore alive?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
43116d2331e6adf4a5a44f461d4ea7c3803df3884e479585d87e589e065ae949.jpg

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I loved that end of the half TD for the Packers. The Giants did the same thing to the Packers years ago in the playoffs, so payback was great. Of course Cobb gave the defender a bit of a push, but eh. Odell dropped a few passes. The cold must have gotten to him.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think for the first time in history all the teams won over the weekend that I was cheering for. Sorry Fish fans! However, it will probably not go so well this coming weekend. I'll be cheering for the Chiefs, Texans, Hawks and Packers.
Chiefs (my team) play the Steelers (wife's team) for a showdown at the house on Sunday. We're hoping the winner of that game plays the Hawks (my Son's team) in the SB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think for the first time in history all the teams won over the weekend that I was cheering for. Sorry Fish fans! However, it will probably not go so well this coming weekend. I'll be cheering for the Chiefs, Texans, Hawks and Packers.
Chiefs (my team) play the Steelers (wife's team) for a showdown at the house on Sunday. We're hoping the winner of that game plays the Hawks (my Son's team) in the SB.

No way that the Oilers beat the Pats. That's right. I refuse to call them the Texans.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go Steelers... gonna get number 7!!! :dance:

I had Bell, Rothlisberger, and Brown on my FF football team. The Steelers basically rested everybody for the last two weeks of the season. So I was wiped out in the first round of playoffs.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rodgers has hit 3 consecutive hail Mary tries...that's gotta be a record

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I loved that end of the half TD for the Packers. The Giants did the same thing to the Packers years ago in the playoffs, so payback was great. Of course Cobb gave the defender a bit of a push, but eh. Odell dropped a few passes. The cold must have gotten to him.
I thought he pushed off somebody's back when I first saw it, but relooking at it, it appears the defender in front of Cobb was facing him and Cobb pushed him in the chest to get separation. If he had pushed off the back, then I could see a penalty, but I think it's kind of a gray area when he gets separation by pushing off the front.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...s-randall-cobb-hail-mary-td-article-1.2940224

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I thought he pushed off somebody's back when I first saw it, but relooking at it, it appears the defender in front of Cobb was facing him and Cobb pushed him in the chest to get separation. If he had pushed off the back, then I could see a penalty, but I think it's kind of a gray area when he gets separation by pushing off the front.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...s-randall-cobb-hail-mary-td-article-1.2940224
There is so much of that on Hail Mary's. I think Buck and Aikman said they stuff never gets called.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way that the Oilers beat the Pats. That's right. I refuse to call them the Texans.
I used to be Oilers fan back when they had Pastorini, White Shoes, Burroughs, Carpenter and Earl Campbell. Hated the Steelers and dropped them when they moved to TN.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Technically, the Titans are the old Oilers and the Texans are an expansion team. Just sayin...

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I had Bell, Rothlisberger, and Brown on my FF football team. The Steelers basically rested everybody for the last two weeks of the season. So I was wiped out in the first round of playoffs.

Sorry J, that's typical Pittsburgh..once they make it they have always rested players... :therethere:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry J, that's typical Pittsburgh..once they make it they have always rested players... :therethere:

Yeah. It was a short sighted plan. Basically dominate the season and then crap in the playoffs.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Seems like the Oakland-Houston game reinforced the importance of having a quality quarterback. (Same story for the Dolphins...to a lesser extent). Even though the Raiders were the better team throughout the season they were sunk once they had to go to their third string QB. Connor Cook is no Derek Carr.

I believe this issue is at the root of the Gators' struggles over the last few years, overshadowing coaching, play calling, recruiting, etc. If and when a game-chaning QB once again lines up behind center.....brighter days will follow.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Go Cowboys. I am definitely nervous about them playing the Packers with Rodgers playing well now. I hope Prescott can keep having good games. Both sides are wide open especially the NFC and I could see the Pittsburgh/Kansas City winner beating New England.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator