Nick Saban retires, replaced with DeBoer; elite players fleeing by the hour

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just another sign of the death of college football. He finally had enough with NIL and the portal and said **** it.
I honestly don't believe Bama was paying as often and as much as some of us needed to believe pre NIL. Besides, they certainly weren't the only ones landing great classes. They sold honesty, loyalty, development, Bama tradition in the Saban era, and whatever else was needed. I could see how players that would have otherwise already committed and be solid were, since NIL, asking "okay, but how much you paying??" and with what players they had on roster and would sign able to move on if they didn't get to start it just becomes hard to keep the roster stocked. Did he really want to work even harder? I think he decided, enough is enough. FFS, he won 11 SEC Championships. Doesn't have a QB on roster that can keep them on top, so decides to fuche it and bolt. Can't blame him.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It would seem to me that Cousin Eddie would be the perfect choice. He is young, Offensive Minded, experience as a HC is the SEC and can you imagine what he could do with that ShotPut armed QB that is returning to Bama next year? :lmao:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I honestly don't believe Bama was paying as often and as much as some of us needed to believe pre NIL. Besides, they certainly weren't the only ones landing great classes. They sold honesty, loyalty, development, Bama tradition in the Saban era, and whatever else was needed. I could see how players that would have otherwise already committed and be solid were, since NIL, asking "okay, but how much you paying??" and with what players they had on roster and would sign able to move on if they didn't get to start it just becomes hard to keep the roster stocked. Did he really want to work even harder? I think he decided, enough is enough. FFS, he won 11 SEC Championships. Doesn't have a QB on roster that can keep them on top, so decides to fuche it and bolt. Can't blame him.
I agree mostly with this. I think Saban is a guy who loves developing and coaching and although Bama did benefit from the transfer portal, I do not think it was something that Saban thrived upon. Lame Kiffy is tailor made for the transfer portal and has shown an ability to be a plug and play coach. Saban is clearly not interested in having to be a plug and play coach.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Stat of the day: Under Nick Saban, Alabama had more players drafted in the first-round (44) than it had losses (29).

Bored The Office GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't hear you, your words were mumbled from having sabans dong in your mouth
Youre terrible at this, but I appreciate you trying. Keep at it.

Remember the sarcasm standards are high around here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.