Obligatory offseason thread: Our biggest rival?

Who do you consider our biggest rival

• Total voters

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
As a 90's kid who watched us take Georgia to school something ridiculous like 19 out of 22 years, they aren't #1 for me. It will always be FSU. The 90's, the late hits, two top 5 programs, then Dockett, then Hayes, then John Brantley, then a losing streak and Steve Russell and Pat Dooley acting like that streak means nothing. It is FSU in my book and will always be. Tagganda Forever!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UGA and it ain't even close. Noles are #2, Corndogs #3, then UToothless #4.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Look up how many times we've lost to the leg humpers and went on to win the SEC.
Look up how many times we've lost to the butt sniffers and went on to win the MNC.
Look up how many times we've lost to the clowns and went on to win the SEC.
Look up how many times we've lost to the clowns and went on to win the MNC.

We can't beat the nutlickers by enough points or as many times as they deserve.

The girls school is of no consequence.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look up how many times we've lost to the leg humpers and went on to win the SEC.
Look up how many times we've lost to the butt sniffers and went on to win the MNC.
Look up how many times we've lost to the clowns and went on to win the SEC.
Look up how many times we've lost to the clowns and went on to win the MNC.

We can't beat the nutlickers by enough points or as many times as they deserve.

The girls school is of no consequence.
Remind me again where you got your undergrad degree.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Rival or most hated?
Rival must be UGA just because of the SEC East and the obvious. (Years past it was UT)
The win I want the most is LSU
- I went to Grad school there
- I live in Louisiana
MOST HATED…THE U…By far. I am old school and remember when they were a POWER but were/are the biggest A….Holes to fill a stadium.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Rival or most hated?
Rival must be UGA just because of the SEC East and the obvious. (Years past it was UT)
The win I want the most is LSU
- I went to Grad school there
- I live in Louisiana
MOST HATED…THE U…By far. I am old school and remember when they were a POWER but were/are the biggest A….Holes to fill a stadium with flatulence.
FIFY

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
There is no logic, no recruiting advantage, no geography, no nothing that can trump the absolute hatred I have for Georgia. You want logic. You want a rational reason. It's none of that. It's years of putting up with disappointment, vince dooley poor mouthing, and the rest of that crowd. If you want a better reason, ask someone else.

And all this in spite of the fact that I have an arrogant ******* FSU in-law with a holier than thou smirk I'd like to wipe out with a swift punch in the face.

Whew...I think I got a little carried away.

No doubt that the Dogs deserve every bit of hatred and derision we can muster. Too bad we couldn’t have selected 2 teams in case of a tie.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Obligatory annual response:

1. Georgia is the biggest rival because that game means the most every year - we play first for SEC championships.

2. F$U is the rivalry most of us have to live with the most. It’s family, co-workers and neighbors.

3. You can’t spell scUM without UM. It’s not so bad now that we don’t play them annually, but they are by far the worst fan base to encounter. I HATE that we’ve lost 5 of 6 to them since we dropped them from our annual schedule.

And by the way, the reason we dropped them was to keep having 6 home games every year and the revenue associated with it while keeping UGA in Jax. We added Ut as an annual opponent, which was competitively equal to scUM.

4. LSU. Laissez les bon temps rouler.

5. Remember when Ut was a rival? Good times. But then we broke them and they can’t play anymore.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thread like this, been run before. So my story is a repeat. It's UGa hatred.
Live in Jax, age 6-18, ('51-'68). Dad got however many 50 yard line tickets he asked for (St. Regis Paper Mill supporting the Gator Bowl Association).
Attendees: Me, Dad and 4 aunts and uncles (Lees & Carters from Waycross and Alma). And that was when UGa won every year. Then we had to take them home, feed them Dad's fine cooked steaks and sit at a wrongfully joyous table.

During that time Seminoles were girly men. Rivaling nobody.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
As an 80’s kid I see a lot of Auburn but don’t really understand why. Other than the SOS years why were they a big rival? Is it because they are the “closest” SEC team or did I miss something in our history lessons?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
As an 80’s kid I see a lot of Auburn but don’t really understand why. Other than the SOS years why were they a big rival? Is it because they are the “closest” SEC team or did I miss something in our history lessons?

We played them every year. They played us very close. This guy called BO. And Pat Dye was an arse.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

I’d say no as far as biggest rival but they have ruined or put a huge damper on several big seasons for us. ‘93, ‘94, ‘01 & 06 to name a few...and they’ve won 3 of the last 4 against us so I certainly understand the hatred towards them. I really despise Auburn for those reasons.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can ‘splain it to them, but you can’t understand it for them. Girls school not even on the radar.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Up until the SEC changed the schedule in the early 2000s, the barn was UF’s oldest annual conference rival. And there were some hotly contested games during that run, including some controversy. Until SOS came home, I thought it was next to impossible to beat the barn and uga consecutively (and it felt like a setup), even with a bye week in between. The HBC sure made October fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.