Off Season Conditioning

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Given the injuries of last season, UF has been - knock on wood - healthy to-date. I remember reading an article after last season that UF researched that Stanford had a very low number of injuries last season - in particular, ACL's. The article said that Stanford's conditioning incorporated significant yoga for improved flexibility. Does anyone have anything on if yoga was part of S and G this year?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think so, I do know they eliminated the noon or early afternoon practices so they didn't have the heat and dehydration problems. Also if you go back and look at the open practice notes players were constantly going to rehydrate. GIGATOR , is getting treated at Shands and in one of the topics said he aked his Dr and was told it seemed like a hydration problem. :dunno: seems also like they're spending a lot of time on stretching, but who knows what they do in the closed practices. I will say this having lived in both areas, that if it is a hydration problem, while Palo Alto gets in the 90-100 range often in the summer, the humidity is non existent compared to G-Ville. And with all our early games last year it could have been a factor.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they went to a low impact type training. Injuries playing football are going to occur...no sense having them occur during conditioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator