Gator Basketball *** Official Basketball: Gators vs Long Beach State ***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Omar Payne needs full playing time so he can fulfill his potential as UF's true center. By tournament, we need him with a scoring average of 12. White should let these youngsters fly. ............. Gak sighting!!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 49-25 at the under 4 timeout. Shots coming up short a lot the last 4 min

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
49-25 near the half vs. a crappy team who looks worse than their 4-7 record indicates. This game is a waste of time and a false confidence-builder. Gators would've gotten more out of scrimmaging in the gym.
4-10...and I completely disagree. We need more games like this to build a winning attitude and culture. Especially to build confidence on offense!!!!

We have played the 2nd toughest non conference schedule and we still have Baylor. You cant go through that and expect a team of young players to thrive. I hate scheduling this tough and we need more LBSs. Not a bunch, but 3 or 4 mixed in, in the non conference is what we need each year vs the 1 we play the last 3 years annually.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
59-31 at half. Everyone getting in on the action today and we'll see a lot of our bench in the 2nd half too.

Not going to make too much of the game since we're so clearly the better team; but hopefully this will show the players what they're capable of.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Get Gak into his typical skill-level, whatever that is and our "talls" will be Gak, Bassett, Blackshear, Payne, Jitoboh. Now that can be a formidable inside offense & defense. More usable players = more "running allowed" due to resting guys frequently. Johnson + Blackshear is our core. Our backcourt has the speed to keep opposing defenses lagging behind the ball movement. IDK if White can stay out of their way?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I haven't checked Twitter yet, but I'm sure all the Mike White :nutswinger:are going to say how much this game proves and that this is our toughest opponent during the entirety of the Mike White era and all that jazz. :jerkit:

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Who are our walkons? Do we still have the guy with a messed up arm?
Have they played this year?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is the kind of game where White should use our backups to get better. I still have the belief that the 3-point shot will double-cross us at crucial times. 3-pt shots teach nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator