Gator Basketball ***Official BBALL Game Thread*** Florida vs East Carolina

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Favored by 15.5 and spend the last 12? 16? minutes fighting to keep a 2-3pt lead? Shameful.

I have to think Kugel is adjusting to not being 'the guy' and therefore focusing on his defnse that he can control....still needs to take a backseat when it comes to shot selection. Note, he's not seeing the court in most games when we hit crunch time.

Weird why there was so much hope for incoming transfer guard Zyon Pullin. He never starts, and Golden has even talked about his accepting of the role to come off the bench. And HE is consistently on the floor for the last 8-12min in games.

I see complaints in this thread about FTs. I haven't watched much, but do recall hearing first half we were hitting well on them. No box score right now that I can find. My money says ECU as a team, and whomever their top 3pt shooter is, all are above their season averages.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Favored by 15.5 and spend the last 12? 16? minutes fighting to keep a 2-3pt lead? Shameful.

I have to think Kugel is adjusting to not being 'the guy' and therefore focusing on his defnse that he can control....still needs to take a backseat when it comes to shot selection. Note, he's not seeing the court in most games when we hit crunch time.

Weird why there was so much hope for incoming transfer guard Zyon Pullin. He never starts, and Golden has even talked about his accepting of the role to come off the bench. And HE is consistently on the floor for the last 8-12min in games.

I see complaints in this thread about FTs. I haven't watched much, but do recall hearing first half we were hitting well on them. No box score right now that I can find. My money says ECU as a team, and whomever their top 3pt shooter is, all are above their season averages.
15-28 on free throws.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

So - some really good quotes in here. He talks about how ECU has a peculiar defense that they were not able to figure out. How their defense moves you to one side of the court and the way you break it is by making shots and they were just missing shots, which squeezed the offense more and more.

He said that Clayton had a lot going on this last week. He’s 20 years old and this week was the birth of his first son.

He talked about free throws. He said it’s a mess on the team right now. He thought after Richmond that they figured some things out but they regressed this game.

And I agree with this last thing from him. A lot of winning is learning how to win. How to win when things don’t go your way. And not panicking is part of that.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
And I agree with this last thing from him. A lot of winning is learning how to win. How to win when things don’t go your way. And not panicking is part of that.
^This... especially in NCAA basketball. It's basically 20+ games of figuring things out as a team and getting into the tournament when hitting on all cylinders going into it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm saying that the vast majority of the NCAA basketball regular season (and even conference tournaments) at this point doesn't mean anything if you are moving in a generally positive direction and are clicking going into the NCAA tournament. It's all about positioning for a run at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator