Gator Basketball ***Official BBALL Thread*** Florida at Vandy

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Glad I switched over early from the mess in the Cotton Bowl. Considering the long lay off the Gators looked sharp. Vandy was the perfect opponent for us. Not many bigs, live and die by the 3 , and vulnerable to the press. Basketball without Keyontae begins and he will obviously be missed. A lot of talent but still undersized in the paint. Castleton and Payne will have to handle the heavy work and they look suited to run the floor with our offense. Florida as we learned last year is not built to score from the inside out. Scottie Lewis is amazing to watch and Locke looks like he is settling in as the play maker. Nice solid win by the players and coaches.

Jbossgator8

Lifetime Member
We shot 70 percent in the 2nd half in a gym that has not been kind to us at all in the past. Very surprising to score 91 points at that place with a Mike White team.

JCTow

Thank God it’s basketball season now. And soon baseball and softball. Where the University of Florida shines athletically

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
We look pretty solid. Duruji stepping up his huge. Oh, and I love Appleby.

Gators were flying up and down the court on offense and the defense was stellar. Go Gators!!

Castleton has been consistent for us to date, and it was a delight watching him and Duruji on both ends of the court. Lewis seems to have stepped out of whatever shadow-funk he'd been in and was outstanding on both ends, especially defense. Appleby was truly fun to watch. Hell, the whole game was, other than us consistently leaving someone open for a 3 in the back corner. Looking forward to the season now.

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
Looks like Duruji will keep Payne's playing time down?
FG shooting accuracy is excellent -- need better % on FTs.
Castleton can be counted on inside - hurray! ... get Duruji shore up inside.
I like the way coach White strategically used Jitiboh.
We have sum good ball handlers & assist-passers ... no perimeter camping 3pers. Ball keeps moving. All good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.