Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Maryland

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Maryland today around 4:30 PM EST on BTN (Big Ten Network). Maryland has already fired their coach, but is a solid team. Should be interesting to see if we shoot better

Go Semi Paper Bags!!!!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It appears Appleby has trouble hitting 3 point shots?
They all do. Jones is probably our best 3 point shooter and he went 1 of 5 last time out. He has a weird super high arcing shot. I'm hoping someone else, maybe Appleby can step up as a reliable outside threat. The thing about this team is with their defense and athleticism, if they can just pick up their shooting percentage they can make some noise in SEC play.

After the horrendous quad 4 loss, this went from a game where a win would be nice but that we could afford to drop, to more of a must win. Mike White teams aren't exactly known for stepping up in the big moments so I can't say I'm very confident. In fact Maryland is plus 195 on the moneyline which is mighty tempting considering I think this should be a pick 'em.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Damn, it went from tempting to WTF am I thinking? 2:1 odds for Maryland? I don't like to bet against the Gators but couldn't resist what appears to be a retarded line. But I got saved by getting locked out. I guess they closed it by when it was supposed to tip than when it will actually tip.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Not gonna watch a second of this. Gator basketball lost me already. Typical Mike white team

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WTF is the deal with the refs dead set on ignoring all of Maryland's fouls and calling phantom ones on us?

They have called exactly 1 foul on the Terps.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida down 29-26 at the under 4 timeout. Luckily we have made 5 3pters or we be getting blown out lol

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow 8 fouls for UF, only 2 for Maryland. That is the game there. Gators have forced 12 turnovers so that helps keep it close so far.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is basically the same Mike White team as always. Play aggressive, tough defense while having no plan on offense.

Rinse and repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator