Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Ole Miss

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at our schedule at the rest of the season, what do you see? We are going to get SMOKED the rest of the season. MW's time is running VERY short as we will end up with a losing record. I said before the UGA game that Mullen looked to be a lame duck and you can see the same thing happening with MW too. Here is the schedule:
@Tenn - LOSS - Blowout
vs Okie St - Toss up
@Mizzou - LOSS - Blowout
vs Ole Miss - LOSS
vs UGA - Toss up
@UK - LOSS - Blowout
@TAM - LOSS - Blowout
vs Auburn - LOSS - Blowout
vs Ark - LOSS
@UGA - LOSS
@Vandy - LOSS
vs UK - LOSS - Blowout

so maybe a 2-10 finish to put us at 14-17 and 4-14 in the SEC and with that many blowout losses and losses in a row to finish the season, MW is DEAD MEAT and GONE just like Mullen was. MANY said that no way, no how Mullen would get fired and in fact he was and it had been well decided before the UGA game. Same thing with MW here as we look to the future and a basketball coaching search. DONE DEAL baby!

Although part of me hopes you are correct, I think your prediction is a little pessimistic.
UF has a better than 50% chance of winning these games:

Mizzou
Ole Miss
UGA (Assuming that the Philanderer recuses himself from the game)
UGA (Same as above)
Vandy

We would close the season with a 5-7 run and an overall record of 14-17 which SHOULD put an end to this crap finally.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The question that needs answering is why are other SEC schools getting better players than UF.? such that they beat us consistently.?
By all means, Mike White is a useless coach; been so for years. White cannot coach, cannot develop, cannot attract meaningful players.
Whoever replaces him will only be a better teaching practicing coach. Will he be capable of attracting good players.?
One example, for at least 4 years now FSU has had 2 7 footers around the basket.?? We were lucky 6'10" Castleton wanted to be a Gator. Castleton's effectiveness has nothing to do with "coached" teamwork.?? Frustratingly, nothing to ever look forward to = zero growth, zero development. Just years of fruitless waiting, waiting. Wait no more = get rid of White, now.!

Based upon the success of UF during the Donovan era and the increased conference revenue generated by the tournament, most of the schools in the SEC made a concerted effort to upgrade their coaching staffs which has resulted in better players throughout the conference.

We can debate which schools got it right or whether it’s best to go for the veteran like Rick Barnes or the young star like Nate Oats but either way these programs have blown right by UF while we were busy playing nice with our classy guy with no coaching acumen.

Should Scottie actually pull the trigger, I believe there are plenty of viable replacements out there. Maybe Scottie can ask Alabama or Arkansas to help him with his search.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We’re gonna win some games we shouldn’t, sneak into the tourney and lose first weekend. It’s the same thing every year. We’ll win enough games for the AD to justify keeping him

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Mack and Louisville discussing terms to separate. He has been a DISASTER at Louisville and he was a name that was VERY HIGH on A LOT of our fellow GC poster's lists. Maybe we can get him cheap now? It was said that he was a 1000% upgrade over MW so maybe now is the time?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is purely rumor. But, there is chatter going around that Whitey is now cancelled. If true, it likely won't be announced until the end of the season. I'll believe it when it happens. Life isn't that good to me. I expect him to be the b-ball coach for eternity.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I honestly don't see him surviving the season, just like I said with Mullen midway through the season. Looking at the schedule, its going to get VERY bad, I said that about the football schedule too. Strick with that itchy trigger finger again and its just time for a change anyways and has been for years now. We might be able to get Nate Oats cheap now, the luster has worn off of him now as they have lost 4 of 6 games and just lost to 5-14 UGA! Bama has to play #4 Baylor, @ #1 Auburn, and then #12 UK so they sit at 13-7 right now and could be 13-10 here in a week. They were once in the top 10 and high flying but have crashed and burned lately.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
What gets me is player development. Jone came to Fl. this year from Penn St shooting 40 percent from behind the arc, what’s he shooting now about 12 percent.
Did MW change the way he shoots?
I’m probably one of the more patient fans that believes a Coach should be given enough time to recruit and build his program , but enough is enough.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Found URG’s Twitter account
Actual photo of URG in action:

hump8.gif

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I get it if we have one guard who just isn’t a good shooter…but we have 3-4…how does that happen? How can you have 3-4 guys on basketball schollies who can’t shoot? It’s baffling
White wanted defensive guards innthe transfer portal. He got what he wanted, we lost out on offense

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Although part of me hopes you are correct, I think your prediction is a little pessimistic.
UF has a better than 50% chance of winning these games:

Mizzou
Ole Miss
UGA (Assuming that the Philanderer recuses himself from the game)
UGA (Same as above)
Vandy

We would close the season with a 5-7 run and an overall record of 14-17 which SHOULD put an end to this crap finally.
If we lose to UGA he is gone that day

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will lose to UGA on the road while we shoot 28% for the game again and 10% from 3 point range

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This is purely rumor. But, there is chatter going around that Whitey is now cancelled. If true, it likely won't be announced until the end of the season. I'll believe it when it happens. Life isn't that good to me. I expect him to be the b-ball coach for eternity.
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator