Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Stony Brook

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like we're pointing in the right direction.?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida is up 13-5 at the under 16 timeout. Jones is out in COVID protocols. Kowacie comes in and hits an early 3pter. We have a huge size advantage so Castleton and the bigs should be the focal point early

So we’re going to continue with Covid protocols for a benign strain of virus?
Why am I not surprised?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You cannot have a worse coach than one who makes fans "poo-poo" any victory. We can only beat losers and some of them will beat us the 2nd time around.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
At the prompting of a friend, I went back and watched the end of the game with the sound on. I had already rewatched about 75% of the game with sound on to hear how Patric Young was doing as a color analyst.

Once again mid-major Mike channelled his inner AD (that as someone here said he was born to be) and got overly excited that Gatkek was following his basketball instincts and trying to score very late in the game. Of course this only compounded mid-major Mike apology speech for the other coach what with the Duruji 360 dunk and then Gatkek trying to score with .6 of a second left.

Sadly this incident sums up some of the problems with mid-major Mike. We can count on his spending a good part of the next week trying to coach instinctual basketball out of these guys. I suspect coaching basketball instinct out of guys is part of the reason UF struggles on offense every year. To much thinking lead to shots falling less frequently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator