Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Stony Brook

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Now that I didnt win the Powerball...on to the basketball season

Florida takes on Stony Brook in their first game of the season Monday night at 8 PM EST at home on SECN+. New year, White is finally gone and we have mostly new players.......and maybe...just maybe we see a fun, energetic, disciplined, great offensive, and great defensive team that is a joy to watch

Date: Monday, Nov 7th
Channel: SECN+
Time: 8 PM EST

Prediction: Florida- 95 Stony Brook- 56

Go big right

Go Gators!!!!!!!!!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, Who gives a Fuchs who can’t watch?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Now that I didnt win the Powerball...on to the basketball season

At face value, this is already funny. Much funnier when applying some context - Implying you’re starting/hosting the basketball threads because you didn’t win the powerball is like a meth head saying they will kick the habit if they win the Lotto. Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery. We care about you, bro!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Can't say I'm looking forward to another basketball season, but I will take some solace in White being gone. Not opening up a can of hope or anything, just taking what is known at this point.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am anxious for the new era in gator basketball but it will take me a little while to crank up the enthusiasm machine again after CMW choked the life out of me over the last five or so years.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can't say I'm looking forward to another basketball season, but I will take some solace in White being gone. Not opening up a can of hope or anything, just taking what is known at this point.
I will say the administration hired someone a little light on accomplishment and gravitas. I have no clue what kind of coach he will be or if he will have any sense of SEC expectations and what effect it will have on his tenure. Coach Bill Donavan put our program on the map and is a pretty damn high standard to meet. All I can do at this point is to hope for the best and prepare for the worst emotionally as a Gator alumnus. But then again we are going throught the same thing in the Gator FB program with the high standards set by Spurrier/Meyer. The Gators have a LONG way to go in both and I think we are in for a rough ride in the short term.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
I'm pretty excited about this year. The MW experience is thankfully over and if they can improve @ the 3pt line they will make the NCAA tourney. I don't see any titles but it should be a fun group to watch.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am trying to remember what it’s like for a gator team to get ahead in a game and go for the throat instead of slowing down to let the opponent catch up.

Putting a team away is still legal isn’t it?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mary Wise WAS pretty good.
Her program is in decline now after nearly three decades of excellence.
Almost every program in sports is in decline at UF and has been steadily. That comes from having incompetent people in those positions and not greasing the wheels of the train that pays the freight for the entire athletic dept.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Golden era begins tonight. He has a chance to be a good one here. We'll see if his analytics fit the bill.

So glad they finally wised up and moved the camera set up to face the student section like every other team in the nation. No more broadcasts with fans sitting on their hands in what looks like an empty YMCA gym.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So glad they finally wised up and moved the camera set up to face the student section like every other team in the nation. No more broadcasts with fans sitting on their hands in what looks like an empty YMCA gym.
I didn't realize they had done this, but that is great! I hope we actually have a team the students can get excited about again to really show off the student section. I remember when I was at UF waiting overnight to be in the Rowdy section for the game against Kentucky. The atmosphere in the Rowdy Reptile section back then was amazing and would have looked great on TV. Now I have a feeling it isn't quite the same, so I hope Golden can get it going back in the right direction.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Golden era begins tonight. He has a chance to be a good one here. We'll see if his analytics fit the bill.

wow. we have been clamoring for that for years. Only big program I have ever seen to set the camera on the retirees. Makes it look so boring. Came about 30 years too late but I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.