Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Stony Brook

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Can’t wait to curb stomp Mike White in Georgia

Giving Mike White to Georgia was almost as sweet as when my Bucs swapped Jameis with Brady.

Soooooo Sweeeeet.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Dyrkolbotn is playing for Celebration Pointe now but Chiozza may still be around.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It's going to be hard to adjust to watching/cheering for Fudge and Kugel based on names alone.

Had my phone open to the roster, constantly trying to figure out who the heck was on the court, and what year they are (how long will we have them). This was made more difficult by all the substitutions - not complaining, it's a warm up game where even the walk ons play, so it's expected. Just going to take a little time to get used to the new roster and style of play.

Wife thinks the coach is one of the players with that young face and not-a-suit.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was made more difficult by all the substitutions - not complaining, it's a warm up game where even the walk ons play, so it's expected.
I think we're going to have a lot of guys in the regular rotation.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Good first showing. Now, I want Golden to win at FSU. We haven't won there in years.

And just to point this out....Mike White only beat Western Carolina by 13 . With about 6 minutes to to they were up 6 because they went on a 5 minute scoring drought. Some things don't change.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I haven’t really kept track, but it seems like Stony Brook has been our season opener for the last 8 years straight.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I will say the administration hired someone a little light on accomplishment and gravitas. I have no clue what kind of coach he will be or if he will have any sense of SEC expectations and what effect it will have on his tenure. Coach Bill Donavan put our program on the map and is a pretty damn high standard to meet. All I can do at this point is to hope for the best and prepare for the worst emotionally as a Gator alumnus. But then again we are going throught the same thing in the Gator FB program with the high standards set by Spurrier/Meyer. The Gators have a LONG way to go in both and I think we are in for a rough ride in the short term.
Not to mention in the loafers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.