***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Tampa

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Thank you for keeping us up to date!

Great news. I wonder if UF will get any surprise signings during this period.

A hint last year that something was up was that UF took a long time releasing the early signing period press release.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Sorry I don’t follow BB crootin as much as FB. Cliff notes?

Nembhart is the PG UF really really needed. The other commitment is Locke who is one of the best shooters in the class. No bigs that we know of are signing early. There is an early signing period, now and a later signing period after the season. There is also the graduate transfer season to fill in any holes in the roster.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Nembhart is the PG UF really really need. The other commitment is Locke who is one of the best shooters in the class. No bigs that we know of are signing early. There is an early signing period, now and a later signing period after the season. There is also the graduate transfer season to fill in any holes in the roster.
As of now there will not be a big. Moore is a SF/really big guard but I don't think we get him. It's going to be Keyontae Johnson and Simons if we have 1 player leave early or transfer after the season (probably a 85% of this happening-in regards to losing a player)

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Noah Locke has signed as well!!!!!

No story on this on Gatorzone yet. If the story is not up tomorrow, then I will suspect they are working at least one more prospect trying to get him signed in the early signing period.

I say R.J. Barrett should join his teammate at Montverde and his fellow countryman Nembhart and sign with UF during the early period. WIth UF you have a head coach not so old you have to worry about them dropping dead before you get there and you have one with little worries he will be indicted and fired before you get there. That would give UF the SF it needs in this class.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
No story on this on Gatorzone yet. If the story is not up tomorrow, then I will suspect they are working at least one more prospect trying to get him signed in the early signing period.

I say R.J. Barrett should join his teammate at Montverde and his fellow countryman Nembhart and sign with UF during the early period. WIth UF you have a head coach not so old you have to worry about them dropping dead before you get there and you have one with little worries he will be indicted and fired before you get there. That would give UF the SF it needs in this class.
Expect Keyontae tomorrow. He has said that is when he is announcing and it should be for us ...but who knows with recruits lol

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
As of now there will not be a big. Moore is a SF/really big guard but I don't think we get him. It's going to be Keyontae Johnson and Simons if we have 1 player leave early or transfer after the season (probably a 85% of this happening-in regards to losing a player)

Darn. I really wanted Moore.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I gave you a like because if you’re excited, it must be great news.
Player summary please?

Here is Locke's stats from the EYBL where he played 21 games against quality competition:

https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/17820809

In this 21 games he scored 17.4 points per game, grabbed 3.0 rebounds per game and had 34 assists and 36 turnovers. Locke shot 73.9% from the free throw line, 51.7% from inside the arc and 45.4% from the arc. That makes him one of the best shooters among 2018 signees nation wide.

I will say this that while Nembhard's stats are a bit more PG as in more assists than Locke neither of them had the primary handle in their highlight films. So I am not completely sure who will be the PG of the two. Locke appears to have decent ball handling skills too and could develop into a PG.

Also I since UF put a press release out, I guess UF is not anticipating any other signings or signing they can announce during the early signing period.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I gave you a like because if you’re excited, it must be great news.
Player summary please?
He is KeVaughn Allen but with a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better shot. Probably not as athletic and not as good mid range/ at the basket. Basically, he is a cross between Allen and Lee Humphrey.

Easily the best shot in the entire class!!!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He is KeVaughn Allen but with a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better shot. Probably not as athletic and not as good mid range/ at the basket. Basically, he is a cross between Allen and Lee Humphrey.

Easily the best shot in the entire class!!!

I like hearing comparisons to Humpty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.