Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Texas A&M

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Texas A&M in the first game of the SEC Tournament Thursday. The game is on SECN at Noon.

Biggest game of the year, because it's pretty much win or go home at this stage

GO GATORS!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck Gators against aTm.! All of White's "boys" have endured too much "seasonal" frustration.
Let them have this reward of winning a tournament game. I fear that White is already nuzzling into his "keep me around nest", while Stricklin purposely avoids facing the change that UF needs.
Go Gator players. {the only interest I can muster is the hope to see Castleton assert himself.}.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Florida takes on Texas A&M in the first game of the SEC Tournament Thursday. The game is on SECN at Noon.

GO GATORS!!!

Don’t be such an alarmist. We still have a shot at the coveted NIT.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

GO GATORS!!!

I am with you on this game.

We agree that Scottie has already decided to pretend as if all is well with the program so I hope for the player’s sake they can eek out one win before the NIT.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
When the most important game of the year is a 1st round matchup in the SEC tourney against a shyt team, it is time to back up the truck!

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
My office is 3 blocks from Amelie Arena. I covered a mediation from my house this morning via Zoom, and I didn't pull into downtown Tampa today until just a few minutes ago. I'm looking at crowds of people up and down the streets, and I'm like "hey, they're all wearing orange and blue." "Holy ****, those are all Gator fans!?" "What the hell is happening?!" LOL And then I realized the tournament must be in town. I'm such a bad fan. Sitting right down the street. So close, yet so far.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We usually bow out early under MW in the SECT and TAM has been HOT of late winning 4 in a row to improve their NCAAT seeding. They might continue that and completely obliterate us cause we are a fragile team and don't shoot well and our coach is pretty much on the outs and our players know it. Go Gators? Probably need a blowout to ensure we move on from MW.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I am with you on this game.

We agree that Scottie has already decided to pretend as if all is well with the program so I hope for the player’s sake they can eek out one win before the NIT.
My guess is they don't want to change both the football and basketball coaches in the same year. Too many PR problems and issues to address. Let Napier get settled in as the new big man on campus. Hopefully, next year it will be time to replace Mike. I think this will happen especially if Nape has a great first season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thorough
My office is 3 blocks from Amelie Arena. I covered a mediation from my house this morning via Zoom, and I didn't pull into downtown Tampa today until just a few minutes ago. I'm looking at crowds of people up and down the streets, and I'm like "hey, they're all wearing orange and blue." "Holy ****, those are all Gator fans!?" "What the hell is happening?!" LOL And then I realized the tournament must be in town. I'm such a bad fan. Sitting right down the street. So close, yet so far.

If we win I’ll take my oldest to The game on Friday. Which we will probably lose. Couldn’t take him today because he has a test in math.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dreadful on both ends early on . Jones doesn’t even try to play defense . He’s useless unless he’s on with his shot . Which is about 3 times a season

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is they don't want to change both the football and basketball coaches in the same year. Too many PR problems and issues to address. Let Napier get settled in as the new big man on campus. Hopefully, next year it will be time to replace Mike. I think this will happen especially if Nape has a great first season.

Agreed

The administration believes that ignoring a problem is the best way to fix it.
Remember when the administration used to say crazy things like:

- we expect to compete for championships in every sport

-what needs to be done eventually must be done immediately.

Pretty funny stuff.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dreadful on both ends early on . Jones doesn’t even try to play defense . He’s useless unless he’s on with his shot . Which is about 3 times a season

I have labeled him the “perpetually cold Noah Locke”
He’s worthless

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator