Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** SEC Tourney - UF vs AU

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Pat Dooley and Buddy Martin were right.

I am busy today rueing the fact that we chased Mike White away. Now I have to allocate time to paying attention to the NCAA Tournament instead of getting on with my life like I typically do in the back half of March.
You’ll be the only one! According to Karen here, everyone else will be watching the women’s tournament.
IMG_0894.jpeg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I typically put this on as white noise as it helps me fall asleep quicker
It's bad enough when Karen has one article in the sports section. Today she has TWO! The other one basically says it's time to publicly fund women's sports stadiums for WNBA and soccer... of course there is no math/economics in the article (I mean, c'mon, she's a woman, their brains are demonstrably smaller and not good at math), her premise is basically, "men's sports are only popular because public funds were used to build large stadiums and if we built large stadiums for women, they'd be popular too!"

Go make me a sammich, Karen (but based on Karen's profile pic, I think her sandwich skills rival her logic skills).

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's bad enough when Karen has one article in the sports section. Today she has TWO! The other one basically says it's time to publicly fund women's sports stadiums for WNBA and soccer... of course there is no math/economics in the article (I mean, c'mon, she's a woman, their brains are demonstrably smaller and not good at math), her premise is basically, "men's sports are only popular because public funds were used to build large stadiums and if we built large stadiums for women, they'd be popular too!"

Go make me a sammich, Karen (but based on Karen's profile pic, I think her sandwich skills rival her logic skills).

“If you build it, they will come”

Lol jk, women’s bball sucks

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep we are +5.5 point dogs implied score AUB 81.5, FLA 76
If Auburn keeps us under 80 we’ll lose. That said, I like us scoring 90+ again and winning by double digits. Golden seemed really loose in his postgame interview and the team should be able to feed off that vibe.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bracketmatrix still has us a #6.
Go Away GIF

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
If Auburn keeps us under 80 we’ll lose. That said, I like us scoring 90+ again and winning by double digits. Golden seemed really loose in his postgame interview and the team should be able to feed off that vibe.
Plus I think we had a mini wake up call in the first half. One thing is for sure. Mike white teams don't come back from down 18

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We just got thumped on the boards yesterday
Micah is really struggling right now and has all but disappeared. I don't know what happened. Is he playing hurt? Condon doesn't rebound as well as Micah. But, Micah hasn't been doing that either. So, he is effectively useless. Condon has basically taken Micah's minutes because his all-around game is so much better. Condon will be a beast if he can add another 10-15 pounds of muscle. We need Micah to get back to the way he played for most of the season. His last meaningful game was against Mizz.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said after crushing Bama, “We gonna win this whole damn thing.” and I’m sticking to it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Micah is really struggling right now and has all but disappeared. I don't know what happened. Is he playing hurt? Condon doesn't rebound as well as Micah. But, Micah hasn't been doing that either. So, he is effectively useless. Condon has basically taken Micah's minutes because his all-around game is so much better. Condon will be a beast if he can add another 10-15 pounds of muscle. We need Micah to get back to the way he played for most of the season. His last meaningful game was against Mizz.
Micah is only a 2nd year player still learning the ropes in the rugged SEC. He can't get a call to save his life; that's making him less confident and aggressive. Condon gets beat-up nearly every game and also can't get a foul call. It's just not a good time to be a tall white boy in college basketball right now.

Don't get me wrong, I love having all these talls. I'm sad ROG isn't still around to see the resurgence of bigs at UF. He was always begging for some 6'10 - 7' footers and now we have a stable of them with more on the way. Our roster is so deep, we may surprise some people in the National Tourney.

Sweet 16 or bust, baby! :chomp:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
A 6 or 3 doesn't matter. They face each other in round 2 anyway. I just don't want the committee to move us up to a 5
Well then I have bad news for you. If we win this we are definitely getting at least a 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator