Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** UF @ UGA

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What could have been had Egbunu never suffered a career ending knee injury in 2017.

One could imagine that team making it to the final four and anything can happen but then you remember that Mike White was the coach and the dream comes to a screeching halt.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
4 of our 7 losses are by a combined 10 points. The other 3 losses were blowouts when we fell apart in the final 3-4 minutes of the game so we have actually been in every game this season. These guys fight hard and stay strong throughout the game. We've also had quite a few comebacks to win games too like today. Need to finish the season strong these final 6 games as we push for an 8 seed it looks like.

I think the goal is a 6 seed. The latest projections have us as a 7 seed so if we can finish strong we can reach a 6.
A 6 seed is the best spot to be in outside the top 3 since you can avoid the top seeded team until the elite 6 round.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From what I recall, you watched every minute of Gator football last year just like I did.

This team, assuming they still even make the tourney (I don't rule out a complete meltdown to end the season), almost certainly bows out early. Extremely early. First round early.

I’m completely confused now.

So Ox takes the high road with a new football coach and “encourages” everyone to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and wait and see what the results will be. This continues long after it becomes obvious that he is in way over his head and the future appears bleak.

Meanwhile we have a new basketball coach and Ox initially demonstrates a lack of enthusiasm and excitement for the future. This trend continues long after it becomes obvious that the new coach knows what he’s doing and the future looks bright.

Did I get this right?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

So Ox takes the high road with a new football coach and “encourages” everyone to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and wait and see what the results will be. This continues long after it becomes obvious that he is in way over his head and the future appears bleak.

Meanwhile we have a new basketball coach and Ox initially demonstrates a lack of enthusiasm and excitement for the future. This trend continues long after it becomes obvious that the new coach knows what he’s doing and the future looks bright.

Did I get this right?

Proud Of You Yes GIF

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Pimple faced punks shouldn't have ponytails.
Well, a MAN shouldn't have a ponytail.
I prefer men’s basketball games without fashion statements and attention-seeking hair-dos.
1708269393842.png
If they want to preen for the cameras, they probably don’t even get to start for either of these teams: Wesleyan vs Hanes Hosiery, circa 1950.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Did I get this right?
Y’all misunderstand Ox. He knows Napier sucks but he also knows there’s nothing any of us can do about it other than let it run its course. He’s tired of a decade of pissing and moaning. He also knows there’s a segment that relishes the doom and gloom.
It’s not that difficult to understand.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Y’all misunderstand Ox. He knows Napier sucks but he also knows there’s nothing any of us can do about it other than let it run its course. He’s tired of a decade of pissing and moaning. He also knows there’s a segment that relishes the doom and gloom.

IMG_0690.gif

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016

That definitely makes sense. I think the difficulty lies in the understanding of why he has the opposite attitude for basketball?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That definitely makes sense. I think the difficulty lies in the understanding of why he has the opposite attitude for basketball?

Exactly :lol:

His take on Napier is fine but to turn around and disregard our other second year coach who is producing is odd to say the least

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Thanks Mr. Obvious.

I was only trying to generate a snarky response from him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think you kind of missed the main points of the post. Sure, football has sucked a$$ for over a decade and has found a new low with the most recent incompetent coach. But that doesn’t stop Ox from admittedly watching every minute of the games and slobbering Napier’s knob, metaphorically speaking lol.

But you missed the illogical part where he refuses to watch the basketball team even though they are playing well, heading for the tournament under a seemingly competent, fully engaged head coach who clearly has an IQ solidly in the triple digits. They are both new coaches but Golden built a roster talented enough to compete with the teams on the schedule and in the tournament. They are vastly more watchable than the slop retard Billy serves up on a weekly basis.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
One could imagine that team making it to the final four and anything can happen but then you remember that Mike White was the coach and the dream comes to a screeching halt.
I can imagine this team making it to the final four. Definitely not expecting it, but they are built for the tournament with excellent guard play, athletic bigs, and depth. They could use some more defense and learning to avoid the long stretches of forgetting how to put the ball in the hoop, but based purely on roster, there’s no reason for them not to be a second weekend team at least.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can imagine this team making it to the final four. Definitely not expecting it, but they are built for the tournament with excellent guard play, athletic bigs, and depth. They could use some more defense and learning to avoid the long stretches of forgetting how to put the ball in the hoop, but based purely on roster, there’s no reason for them not to be a second weekend team at least.
The defense isn’t good enough for a long tournament run IMO.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Todd beats White again! I love it.

And he'll make the tournament as a 2nd year coach. That checks the box for me. Now, let's see what he does with recruiting and developing these big dudes. Condon, Haugh, Handlogten have very promising futures here.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That doesn't explain his perpetual trashing of golden, who's been a million percent better than tater salad from day 1.

Bottom line is he made a judgement call on each of them from the start, same as everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator