Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** #UF @ Vandy

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, I told you I was gonna spin it :lol:

Golden at halftime should have said: “y’all give up another offensive rebound and I’ll run you til you can’t feel your legs on Sunday”
They gave up about a half a dozen on that one possession right near the end. Finally corralled the rebound and then promptly turned it over. :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They gave up about a half a dozen on that one possession right near the end. Finally corralled the rebound and then promptly turned it over. :lol:

It was at that point I got the sickening feeling we were bound to lose

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Burn the fuchen tape and get read to kick some ass
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Yes - ref fkup in calling timeout after we show our late game play
Yes - phantom call on Samuel near the end.
Yes - Clayton shouldn't have inbounded*
Yes - we should never put ourselves in a position for the game to be that close, certainly not a game against that caliber of team.

We've been closing out recent games with 4 smalls and a big. That last inbound we had two bigs all the way upcourt, Vandy covered Zyon out of being an option, leaving Clayton to inbound to Kuegel...badly. That's on Todd - bad lineup in closing minutes, no plan in place for Zyon being covered and having another outlet. Hell, the pass was bad in that it was a bounce pass with a bit of spin that set the opponent up in a perfect position to intercept and attack - bad on Clayton. But Kuegel put himself behind the defender and was turning to run away from, not towards, the inbounder. Even if the defender was actually defending and not jumping the pass, Kuegel took himself out of the play and the result was inevitable.

But what astounds me is the rebounding, something that has been a strength for us all season. Vandy outrebounded us 41-35, with an astounding 20-6 difference on offensive rebounds (we beat them 29-21 on defensive rebounds). We should have physically wiped the boards with them on both ends. Allowing your oppoonent 20 off rebounds is guaranteed failure. That I can't pin on Todd - the players know what to do, all those bigs in rotation know and have done it all season. That they ALL failed so badly in the same game I can't explain. When Richard is your leading off rebounder with 4, you aren't going to beat very many teams. Aside from our issues playing against zone, when we run into someone able to shut down our rebounding...we lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator