Founding Member
How we keep getting Appleby matched up on a big down low is baffling

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just can't stand how we switch screens. They exploited the shcit out of that tonight. We're actually not bad this year from what little I've seen. We're playing faster but if there was ever a game we needed to slow down this was it. Extending your defense and switching on screens on a big athletic team with 4 slashers on the floor is retarded. I just don't understand the logic in some of the schcit we do.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very soft performance mentally and physically by the players with no answers from CMW.

Bama is another example of the SEC schools that decided to upgrade their coaches and the results are showing now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That duruji is is a good athlete and plays hard. I'm glad we have him. But someone needs to teach him what a bad shot is. Man some of those long contested jumpers killed our momentum in the 1st half. Billy would have sat him for a few minutes after the 1st one. He probably sits the rest of the game after the 2nd.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That duruji is is a good athlete and plays hard. I'm glad we have him. But someone needs to teach him what a bad shot is. Man some of those long contested jumpers killed our momentum in the 1st half. Billy would have sat him for a few minutes after the 1st one. He probably sits the rest of the game after the 2nd.

One of my biggest issues with White is not holding players accountable for taking bad shots. The guys know they can jack up any shot they want with no repercussions.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very soft performance mentally and physically by the players with no answers from CMW.

Bama is another example of the SEC schools that decided to upgrade their coaches and the results are showing now.

Would love to have Nate Oats as our coach.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We're playing faster but if there was ever a game we needed to slow down this was it. Extending your defense and switching on screens on a big athletic team with 4 slashers on the floor is retarded. I just don't understand the logic in some of the schcit we do.

I don't know about slowing it down offensively for us, we've played fast and loose and it's served us well to date. Maybe in the first half while it was close we could have tried but in the second half we were falling behind and needed to catch up. Additionally, without Nembhard, I'm not sure we have someone that can-will slow the pace at guard. Your point on defensive switching is spot on. They absolutely killed us by getting matchups to exploit. That, and beating the crap out of us on rebounds....and hitting soooooo many 3s (contested or not).

Would love to have Nate Oats as our coach.

According to those Bama announcers, he is a stats GOD and has the players bought in. From what I saw on the court, I'd LOVE to have him. Watching Bama was the fast'n'fun that Florida had done in recent games, they just did it so much better and effortlessly. They out hustled us, but they also outplayed us up and down the court.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

No way he should be taking 11 shots a game and no way Scottie should be going 1-6.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Without KJ we are a 500 team struggling to make the tourney. He was our leader and a matchup nightmare for teams cause his game is so versatile. We don't have much chance to beat UK at all cause they have a lot more talent, are more athletic, and have supremely better coaching than we do. The only thing we have going for us is playing at home so that gives us a 25% chance to win.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Castleton is the new weapon that can help us beat UK. Mann & Lewis will have to shine. Maybe Locke can pour in more threes?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Not threadworthy in its own right so I scrolled for the nearest Bama related thread to post this and this was the one I found.

The question is, who the Fuchs is Jay Valai and why am I supposed to be pissed that Bama hired him?

Thank you I'll hang up and listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.