***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Eastern Michigan***

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
Game Day!

chance of rain 70% 100% The question is how much, how the field holds up, and how much/how long there is lightning.within the radius.

The red cells started forming to the west -perry stenhatachee and NE fla south ga towards this way at midnight and so were nicely developed into sizable precipitation mass this morning.

here is UF weather forecast which is fairly accurate and updated Today

Widespread showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning... Then numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight Mostly cloudy. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening... Then scattered showers after midnight. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
We have to believe somehow the area around the stadium and gainesville is bypassed by heavy rain and ligtning. Sometimes weather does change dramatically, also.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
Game Day!

chance of rain 70% 100% The question is how much, how the field holds up, and how much/how long there is lightning.within the radius.

The red cells started forming to the west -perry stenhatachee and NE fla south ga towards this way at midnight and so were nicely developed into sizable precipitation mass this morning.

here is UF weather forecast which is fairly accurate and updated Today

Widespread showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning... Then numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight Mostly cloudy. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening... Then scattered showers after midnight. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Noon shows about a 100% chance so maybe having the game at 4pm will pay off today

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Crap - lightning chance actually peaks at 60% at 4pm and then drops off after that.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Shouldn't an official game thread have game day information in it? Just Saying

Saturday, September 6, 2014. 4:00 pm

The Eastern Michigan Eagles, MAC-West. (1-0)
VS.
THE Florida Gators, SEC. (0h-0h)

Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at Florida Field
SECN, WatchESPN.
SIRIUS 108, XM 190.
SECN Crew: Tom Hart, Matt Stinchcomb, Heather Mitts.

Weather Forecast for Gainesville on Saturday Afternoon: Old Testament rain and thunder

The Eastern Michigan Eagles.

HC Chris Creighton, 1st yr. (0-0, 139-46)
OC Kalen DeBoer, 1st yr.
DC Brad McCaslin, 1st yr.

QB. #1. Rob Bolden 6-4 209 SR.

The Florida Gators.

HC on hotseat Will Muschamp, 4th yr. (22-16)
OC Kurt Roper, 1st yr.
DC D. J. Durkin, 2nd yr.

QB #6. Jeff Driskel 6-4 239 RJR.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
OK, we are ready. All we need now is for the game to be played - and hopefully the whole thing broadcast

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
threatmatrix said:
Shouldn't an official game thread have game day information in it? Just Saying

Saturday, September 6, 2014. 4:00 pm

The Eastern Michigan Eagles, MAC-West. (1-0)
VS.
THE Florida Gators, SEC. (0h-0h)

Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at Florida Field
SECN, WatchESPN.
SIRIUS 108, XM 190.
SECN Crew: Tom Hart, Matt Stinchcomb, Heather Mitts.

Weather Forecast for Gainesville on Saturday Afternoon: Old Testament rain and thunder

The Eastern Michigan Eagles.

HC Chris Creighton, 1st yr. (0-0, 139-46)
OC Kalen DeBoer, 1st yr.
DC Brad McCaslin, 1st yr.

QB. #1. Rob Bolden 6-4 209 SR.

The Florida Gators.

HC on hotseat Will Muschamp, 4th yr. (22-16)
OC Kurt Roper, 1st yr.
DC D. J. Durkin, 2nd yr.

QB #6. Jeff Driskel 6-4 239 RJR.
I agree. Proper info should be in the OP. More so though, I like the details you have included.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n42981 said:
Good morning fellow Gators. Great to see so many of the old faces.

Go Gators.

SOFLA!!!!!!

Welcome home, buddy.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's Go Gators! Hope weather cooperates, radar is not looking good.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Good news! The storm systems that formed last night and this morning are moving in a southwest direction in a line that remain north of us and should pass comfortably to the west of gainesville.

Late afternoon rains may form in the east or come up this way from precipitation south fl or the atlantic moving west, but no strong indication of that right now.. So far the radar returns in those areas do not seem to be growing or moving this direction

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is what I envision with Muschamp today in a downpour just before they hit the field, "Hey Rope, with this rain let's not pass the ball until around 3rd qtr. 7 - 10 pts by the half should do it...." Please make me wrong Champer. Make me wrong.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
PaulDrake;n43073 said:
This is what I envision with Muschamp today in a downpour just before they hit the field, "Hey Rope, with this rain let's not pass the ball until around 3rd qtr. 7 - 10 pts by the half should do it...." Please make me wrong Champer. Make me wrong.

Gatorious;n42779 said:
Considering the opponent, 38 points minimum is required, Mushchamp.

You have been warned.
Law98gator commented
Yesterday, 11:15 PM

9 teams scored 40 or more points against these clowns last year. Ball State scored 51, Buffalo scored 42, Army scored 50, Ohio scored 56, N illinois scored 59, Toledo scored 55, Bowling Green scored 58 and Central Michigan scored 52.

I suspect Chump will score 21 and turn it off as soon as someone drops the wet pigskin.

Well Champ, Looks like Vegas is upping the ante on you. You will need 40+ points now according to their most recent tables.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

I however will hold to my initial 38. Get 14 on defense for all I care, but you will need 38 minimum. Good luck.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We need 50+ in this game. I don't care what the conditions are.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n43069 said:
Good news! The storm systems that formed last night and this morning are moving in a southwest direction in a line that remain north of us and should pass comfortably to the west of gainesville.

Late afternoon rains may form in the east or come up this way from precipitation south fl or the atlantic moving west, but no strong indication of that right now.. So far the radar returns in those areas do not seem to be growing or moving this direction

Are you becoming my favorite poster? Why yes, yes you are. :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator