***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs FAU***

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Terrible. Don't know who is worse, Dan or EJ? Awful play calling too end half. EJ can't throw on timing. In fact, he can't throw at all. Bring in AR now. He has to be better.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ice things in Q3 and beyond. Mullen is giving his dissenters fodder. It’s just dumb.

The INT thrown by EJ was quintessential Cousin Eddie. Yes it was a terrible throw and a horrendous read, but IMO you CAN'T run that route combo that close to the endzone. There is just not enough distance between the flat receiver and the corner receiver. Given that, regardless of whether the defense is in zone or man to man, the defender responsible for the receiver underneath has no reason to smother him. So he can play a little more off b/c even if you throw the ball into the flat, the defender has plenty of time to rally and make the tackle well before the goal line. And throwing the corner route as we saw means the up defender really only has to move a few feet to make the play. Terrible thought process by Cousin Eddie.

BTW how about the 4th down QB sneak from the 5ish yard line. EJ's fault? Maybe. But that is truly a sign of a totally undisciplined team.

There is a reason we can't open the season against anything beyond a Division 7 team.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Same ole B.S.. cupcakes allowed to hang around converting 3rd downs at will. EJ looks like crap and should be benched. We are gonna have a long year.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The INT thrown by EJ was quintessential Cousin Eddie. Yes it was a terrible throw and a horrendous read, but IMO you CAN'T run that route combo that close to the endzone. There is just not enough distance between the flat receiver and the corner receiver. Given that, regardless of whether the defense is in zone or man to man, the defender responsible for the receiver underneath has no reason to smother him. So he can play a little more off b/c even if you throw the ball into the flat, the defender has plenty of time to rally and make the tackle well before the goal line. And throwing the corner route as we saw means the up defender really only has to move a few feet to make the play. Terrible thought process by Cousin Eddie.

BTW how about the 4th down QB sneak from the 5ish yard line. EJ's fault? Maybe. But that is truly a sign of a totally undisciplined team.

There is a reason we can't open the season against anything beyond a Division 7 team.

Soooooo, just ignore the other receivers, a couple which were open for td’s? Ok.

BTW, unless you simply didn’t watch the play, it was quite clear that Mullen mouthed a “WTF?” to Jones after the play. It was obvious he didn’t call the play EJ decided to run.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So far it appears our defense is exactly like it was last season. They look confused and out of place. Heck, half of them just met each other a few weeks to a week ago.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Soooooo, just ignore the other receivers, a couple which were open for td’s? Ok.

Maybe, but you miss the point. That was the play and the first 2 reads and probably the only reads given that you are that close to the endzone. You have a QB who has little IQ and had thrown into traffic already numerous times. Usually when goal to go inside the 10 you don;t have a 3rd or 4th progression play called due to the lack of field to work with and usually do not have a lot of time to have that many progressions.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My prediction: We are going to win in disappointing fashion, yet those who look at the box score and don’t watch the game or are morons are going to tell us how crazy we are and can’t be happy with anything.

Those who watch the game, and know their ass from a hole in the ground will know…and then we will drink more.

Edit: added “more”.
Sidewalk prophet. So far, you’re calling it, Chief. Early feeling is like a return to Champ with a shtiier D. Hope Dan’s got Merlin the Magician talking to ‘em at the half.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I used to respond to braindead coaching or inept play by saying that I was "disappointed but not surprised." After that pathetic wheeze of a first half, against a truly horrible team, I'm still absolutely not surprised. And even worse, I can't say that I'm particularly disappointed. One has to have some positive expectations in order for there to be any chance of disappointment in the first damn place. Trying to maintain high hopes with this staff and administration is a straight-up fool's errand. If EJ is the answer, the question would seem to be are we shooting for 6-6. The suckage is monumental.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe, but you miss the point. That was the play and the first 2 reads and probably the only reads given that you are that close to the endzone. You have a QB who has little IQ and had thrown into traffic already numerous times. Usually when goal to go inside the 10 you don;t have a 3rd or 4th progression play called due to the lack of field to work with and usually do not have a lot of time to have that many progressions.
Oh, you mean other than the wide open drag route directly in front of him? My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.