***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Tennessee

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Huge props to Rimmer today. I've been a huge naysayer of his but he brought it today. I'm here to eat some crow!

Great win considering how poorly we played, I don't think we win this game last year. 3-0 in SEC play boys!

Yes Rimmer is limited in his athletic ability but he somewhat makes up for it with his brain, sort of like another player from the past that was a walk on as he is.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 83-70. Really amazing offense in the 2nd half. Shooting ~70% in the 2nd half and made 7-7 for 3pters. Allen took over and made some amazing shots!!!!! Good to see us pick up the intensity and also win with Robinson (benched), Egbunu, and Hayes basically not playing. Allen, Leon and Barry were huge today. The offense seems to be really coming along

Edit: Also some great min by Rimmer today. Was effective for the time he played and was needed with the bigs neutralized by a variety of factors

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Florida wins 83-70. Really amazing offense in the 2nd half. Shooting ~70% in the 2nd half and made 7-7 for 3pters. Allen took over and made some amazing shots!!!!! Good to see us pick up the intensity and also win with Robinson (benched), Egbunu, and Hayes basically not playing. Allen, Leon and Barry were huge today. The offense seems to be really coming along
A couple corrections. ESPN was wrong on the 3 point stat, Barry missed one in the second half, so we were 7-8. And Robinson pulled up hurt right before Chiozza's epic airball, he was limping pretty badly. Great effort in the 2nd half to get the win, though.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I saw ky picked up a 5* PG/Wing. Any chance we get our 4* PG back?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Fouling out their big guy might have helped some. Not so good on turnovers, FT shooting or dunking the ball instead of giving them a chance to defend, Rimmer a couple of times. Otherwise great win.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Huge props to Rimmer today. I've been a huge naysayer of his but he brought it today. I'm here to eat some crow!

Great win considering how poorly we played, I don't think we win this game last year. 3-0 in SEC play boys!
Last year's game between the Gators and Vols was so unwatchable as UT played with more heart and passion while UF seemed to go thru the motions. Glad to see UF wanted some payback.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Allen 23 points on 13 shots. Leon 19 points on 6 shots and Barry 13 points on 7 shots. I like those stats. Also, seems like Hill has understood recently he is an assist man. Nice 10 points and 7 assists. Also I like the amount of turnovers we have been forcing lately. Now we need offensive production from our bigs.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Leon (18?) and of course K.Allen (leading scorer 23?). They kept us in, when DRob, Egbunu, underperformed.
And of course Chiozza was no help. Hill played mew but helped some. Hayes helped.
Hayes & Egbunu got in foul trouble too easily.?? Egbunu needs individual tutoring ? E certainly should not
go to the NBA after this year and he'd better take out a loan and pay Olajujuan or Noah for summer tuteledge.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tinercee is better than their height indicates.....final score is misleading

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
A couple corrections. ESPN was wrong on the 3 point stat, Barry missed one in the second half, so we were 7-8. And Robinson pulled up hurt right before Chiozza's epic airball, he was limping pretty badly. Great effort in the 2nd half to get the win, though.
I didn't notice that about Robinson...he did come back in for a couple of min but not much. Hope he is ok. He started the game off well but was too lazy with the ball. This was a good win and a game with a lot of teachable moments in it.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I saw ky picked up a 5* PG/Wing. Any chance we get our 4* PG back?
All I can say is maybe. Cal has said even recently....that he will never hold a player to a LOI. If the player doesn't want to be at UK he would let them go. So maybe there is a 3% chance, but in reality not really. We moved on and not sure how it would work if he actually wanted to come back

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Leon (18?) and of course K.Allen (leading scorer 23?). They kept us in, when DRob, Egbunu, underperformed.
And of course Chiozza was no help. Hill played mew but helped some. Hayes helped.
Hayes & Egbunu got in foul trouble too easily.?? Egbunu needs individual tutoring ? E certainly should not
go to the NBA after this year and he'd better take out a loan and pay Olajujuan or Noah for summer tuteledge.

Noah might do it for free but nothing can teach his will to win or attitude.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Always good to send the hillbillies reaching for the moonshine to get through another Life Champion experience :grin:
Congrats Gators!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All I can say is maybe. Cal has said even recently....that he will never hold a player to a LOI. If the player doesn't want to be at UK he would let them go. So maybe there is a 3% chance, but in reality not really. We moved on and not sure how it would work if he actually wanted to come back

LOI is binding on the player regardless of coach releasing him. Sit out one year required.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not exactly. Once enrolled in school then yes...before enrolled the school can let a player out of the LOI

NLI PENALTY: If a prospective student-athlete does not attend the signing institution or attends that institution for less than one full academic year, and enrolls at another NLI institution, he or she may not represent the second institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until completing one academic year in residence at the NLI member institution. Additionally, the prospective student-athlete will lose one season of competition in all sports. While serving the NLI penalty, the prospective student-athlete is permitted to practice and receive athletics aid, if allowed by the institution.

FAILURE TO ENROLL: If a prospective student-athlete was admitted to the signing institution and was initially eligible but fails to enroll at the signing institution, he or she has not fulfilled the NLI agreement to attend the signing institution for one academic year. The NLI would remain binding.

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator