***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs N Colorado*** CANCELLED

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
The 66 helmet was so awesome that after the Gators went 9-2 in 1966 one of the first things changed for 1967 was ditching the ugly thing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't recall a "white out" game during the Spurrier era, but I agree 100% about the helmets...no more white helmets!

Bring us back to Gator intimidation = white helmets with red Majik Marker bloodstains all over them ... "wow, if they practice that hard??"

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with SQ, the whole retro jersey in 1996 is something we could pull off for a whole season, it was that fresh,

As for helmets, hell, let's break out the one time helmet used in the 1962 Gator Bowl, where we upset the Pedophiles 17-7.....

hqdefault.jpg

1962-gator-bowl.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The 66 helmet was so awesome that after the Gators went 9-2 in 1966 one of the first things changed for 1967 was ditching the ugly thing.
9-2, wow, like 12-2 or 13-2 in today's powder puff directional school schedules.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
September 9th, night game or not, will be hot as frick. This will be the world's largest wet t-shirt contest evah!
I took away my like and gave you a dislike. You are waaaaaaay overrated already. Can't have you getting an ego.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UCF just rescheduled to 630 Friday night - that is what UF needs to do even though there will be some empty seats. The thing doesn't get here till Sunday in S Florida and if someone is wanting to evacuate they can catch the game on their way out.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, this game needs to be rescheduled ASAP. Don't even try to wait to see what the storm is going to do. Do it now. Be prepared instead of reacting after the fact. Look like an SEC D1 school that's been around the block for a change...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We have the best home schedule maybe ever and we pull out the clothing gimmick against the FCS team? Ok, I guess.

As you all know I do not nor have I ever sipped the Kool Aid or worn the O and B glasses. I call is as I see it and we have not been a top tier program in nearly 10 years. But this is just plain sad. what have we become?:scratchhead::shakehead::facepalm:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
depending on the storm, this could end up a noon game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No chance this game is played, none. Expect a cancellation in the next 24 hours. This is a monster storm.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No chance this game is played, none. Expect a cancellation in the next 24 hours. This is a monster storm.

Why not? Its not around S FL until Sunday and you just go with who shows up for this crappy game. UCF already rescheduled earlier I dont see why we can't when the stadium is north of there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why not? Its not around S FL until Sunday and you just go with who shows up for this crappy game. UCF already rescheduled earlier I dont see why we can't when the stadium is north of there.

It's not just about the immediate threat to the game, it's also the threat to the fans getting home safely, and it's more. Similar to 9/11, the university is not going to want to look as though it's prioritizing a football game over a storm that is ultimately going to put a lot of lives in jeopardy. This sucker is packing 224-mph winds. It's unprecedented in force. I think the game is toast.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's not just about the immediate threat to the game, it's also the threat to the fans getting home safely, and it's more. Similar to 9/11, the university is not going to want to look as though it's prioritizing a football game over a storm that is ultimately going to put a lot of lives in jeopardy. This sucker is packing 224-mph winds. It's unprecedented in force. I think the game is toast.
I still say play it because it isnt going to change the destruction coming and people know if their stuff is done or not and most far S Florida people will be staying home or evacuating north at that time anyway.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the university is not going to want to look as though it's prioritizing a football game over a storm .
I heard a pumper say that the Meatchikin game doesnt count as a loss, and that he would have beaten a directional school. A cancelled game would have us at 2-0.

WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator