***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

How many yards will Trask pass for against UT?

• 199 or less

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 200 to 250

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • 251 to 299

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • 300 to 399

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • 400+

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Got to give Trask credit for his passing today. He had a good game and just needs to cut the turnovers out some. We have to keep working to get a running game going that will work against the teams coming up on the schedule.

I think Tenn may go 3-9 this season.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We could. We've got to be careful against Missouri they seem to have our number.
They have in the past. Not this year. Mullen will ensure that. I've been confident on this game since Jan.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Nice win. Kyle made a few mistakes but nothing to threaten the game. Mullen has some tape to coach him up. EJ looked ok but Mullen had him in way too early. Defense made some plays, they looked better than expected. Nice win by the Gators!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I don’t like ageeing with anti UF announcers but UT was given some gilt edged opportunities that elite competition won’t squander if we don’t execute better in stretches.

We’re still youthful and undisciplined at points and it’ll hurt us even against mediocre opponents if we don’t clean it up.

It was a good win against an overmatched dumpster fire and I’ll take it!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He should be though.

This is his first real action in a year and after a major injury. I think you can lighten up on him some. He was great his freshman year and I think we should be patient enough to find out if he can get back there again before throwing him under the bus.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Pierce is the guy at RB. Perine is looking for holes to hit that aren’t there. Pierce goes to hit people.

Pitts is on his way to being a great one.

Greenard is another transfer home run.

We have the best WR corps in the SEC, if not the country. And now we have the qb who will help the world know it. Trask is real.

We’re young at db and there are lumps coming but I’m seeing a lot of promise in these freshmen and sophomores.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dan padding the stats. That’s ok tho, he’s got to build some confidence with ej and the ol.

I think your sentences are contradictory. If he was going to pad stats, he'd leave the starters in and score. Instead, he brought in Jones to get some experience. There's no bringing in the No. 2 OL.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pierce is the guy at RB. Perine is looking for holes to hit that aren’t there. Pierce goes to hit people.

Pitts is on his way to being a great one.

Greenard is another transfer home run.

We have the best WR corps in the SEC, if not the country. And now we have the qb who will help the world know it. Trask is real.

We’re young at db and there are lumps coming but I’m seeing a lot of promise in these freshmen and sophomores.
Agree about Greenard. He's been outstanding so far.

I think bama and lsu have better WRs overall, but we are far away from being thin at WR

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t age well.
I'm all about dunking on firefoley, but he was right when he said it. Yes, we won. But there were some head-scratchers in there for dan. That one series when EJ went 3 and out was difficult to understand

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Players of the game:
Trask
Greenard

Flash from a true freshman:
Chester Kimbrough

Elam getting good reps too.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all about dunking on firefoley, but he was right when he said it. Yes, we won. But there were some head-scratchers in there for dan. That one series when EJ went 3 and out was difficult to understand

He was testing the running game with Jones. Perhaps it was the wrong time (interrupting good flow with Trask), but starting 1st & 15 due to a OL false start made it worse than it should have been.

I don't think he wanted to go too deep into the game before giving two things a legitimate shot:
1. Jones getting some plays
2. giving the running game a real try (and the threat of Jones running the option helps this the most)

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He was trying to build confidence with our back up and the 1s. Makes sense. Not a fan of how he went about it but I get the idea. And QB run up the middle on 4th and 2... Woof. Still, Foley just jumps on anything to complain about. It was clear we were head and shoulders better - perfect opportunity to get young guys in and let them see what a game against real competition feels like. Probably conservative so their mistakes could be mitigated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator