Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4 PM Saturday
Men's Basketball at Kentucky

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’ll take the win. Played well during several decent stretches. Kept turnovers down again. Nice to see Jones starting to shoot well. He is our one proven shooter having shot 40% from 3 over 2 years. Need this kind of consistency from him so hopefully stays locked in. Kowacie is our other real shooter but his minutes are all over the place….often sits for long stretches.

Which brings me to my criticism of MW’s rotations. We are a small team and Felder gets 4 minutes? I just don’t get what’s going on with this. This kid can play.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I’ll take the win. Played well during several decent stretches. Kept turnovers down again. Nice to see Jones starting to shoot well. He is our one proven shooter having shot 40% from 3 over 2 years. Need this kind of consistency from him so hopefully stays locked in. Kowacie is our other real shooter but his minutes are all over the place….often sits for long stretches.

Which brings me to my criticism of MW’s rotations. We are a small team and Felder gets 4 minutes? I just don’t get what’s going on with this. This kid can play.
Ummm.....MW can't fuqing coach would be my guess.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our guys are winning as of late -- too many times just barely. (It's enough to drive me out of my wits.)
But the Gators' too limping winning %, keeps us in danger of not making any tourney. Mike White taxes us of all our confidence - fans are broke, MW's program is broke.

If we beat UK, will that indicate that Mike White has turned the corner heading toward being a good coach.? IMO, he'd have to John Wooden win-out the rest of the year to rouse even an inkling that he's learned how to direct CBB. White does a satanic number on the concept of Hope. Begone Mike White - Prince of pout.!

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Our guys are winning as of late -- too many times just barely. (It's enough to drive me out of my wits.)
But the Gators' too limping winning %, keeps us in danger of not making any tourney. Mike White taxes us of all our confidence - fans are broke, MW's program is broke.

If we beat UK, will that indicate that Mike White has turned the corner heading toward being a good coach.? IMO, he'd have to John Wooden win-out the rest of the year to rouse even an inkling that he's learned how to direct CBB. White does a satanic number on the concept of Hope. Begone Mike White - Prince of pout.!

No.
First: it won't happen...Mike White has an abysmal record vs Kentucky.
Second: he usually does manage at least 1 win vs a top 20 team a year that he pulls out of his azz...but then will promptly manage to do something stupid, like losing at home to South Carolina or georgia, thus destroying any goodwill that the victory had done.

So even in the unlikely event he does pull off a win at Rupp, the Gators will drop something unexpected. Like away to georgia in a few weeks. Because he's Mike White and that's what he does. Every year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You're right, of course, rev. BUT, can the speculation be true that White has had an epiphany and has learned how to direct his hodge-podge to being competitive with the higher elites.! :confused:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
You're right, of course, rev. BUT, can the speculation be true that White has had an epiphany and has learned how to direct his hodge-podge to being competitive with the higher elites.! :confused:

Lol, much as I'd love that to be true...Mike White very nearly lost to georgia at home yesterday. Blew a 16 pt lead...even with two of UGAy's starters being out with foul trouble for a long stretch of the 2nd half.

So no...I don't see any evidence Mike White has suddenly learned to coach.

I **do** think Mike White knows his job is on the line since he's been noticeably different these last few weeks--more visibly engaged in coaching, working the refs, etc. I tend to think that's a big reason Castleton is back out there too, despite his shoulder still being banged up. But let's all rest easy: just because White knows his seat is hot won't make a difference since we all know he'll screw up between now and the end of the season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right. I'm thinking people don't realize how nagging & dangerous shoulder injuries can be.
I see by bouncing my posts you've become GC's shoddy-guard. I'll drink to that.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
As stated above a win against Kentucky really does not move the needle much in and of itself. It’s too likely to be followed by a disappointing loss. But it’s also not about what we think. It’s really what amount of wins make Stricklin believe he has turned a corner.

I like these guys. They play D and they scrap. If they could shoot we could have a punchers chance down the stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator