***Official UF vs LSU Game Thread***

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Floridagator;n299063 said:
disagree. we were in a position to win. Treon skipped three passes on one drive. It is not all his fault but it sure as heck didnt help. Also I would like to call holding on that "nice hips" play. What the crap was that!?!?!?!?! Also, spreading the ball around good to our WR and TE takes pressure off the running game and vice versa. No Will hurts us pretty bad. That being said we took it to the probable top team in the country (at least top 3) at night on the road in the real Death Valley. Coach Mac has this team powering ahead in the right direction. We can and should win the East. Never thought that coming into the year so Im pretty happy still.

You are correct sir.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
disagree. we were in a position to win. Treon skipped three passes on one drive. It is not all his fault but it sure as heck didnt help. Also I would like to call holding on that "nice hips" play. What the crap was that!?!?!?!?! Also, spreading the ball around good to our WR and TE takes pressure off the running game and vice versa. No Will hurts us pretty bad. That being said we took it to the probable top team in the country (at least top 3) at night on the road in the real Death Valley. Coach Mac has this team powering ahead in the right direction. We can and should win the East. Never thought that coming into the year so Im pretty happy still.

So our vaunted defense isn't to blame for giving up 28 points and 304 yards in ONE HALF, but our backup QB that managed the game the best he could and turned the ball over NONE is to blame? :facepalm:

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;299082 said:
So our vaunted defense isn't to blame for giving up 28 points and 304 yards in ONE HALF, but our backup QB that managed the game the best he could and turned the ball over NONE is to blame? :facepalm:
Backup? There are some who thought otherwise, to this day.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GBHOR;299088 said:
Backup? There are some who thought otherwise, to this day.

btw, I'm not one

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015

disagree. Although we were in a position to TIE, our D gave up way to many plays in the 2nd quarter. If our special teams stops a fake, we're in OT right now. Scoring 28 with a back up QB is phenomenal...especially given the environment. I agree we will be in ATL, but to place more blame on Treon than our d is not fair

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
ChompTown;n299119 said:
disagree. Although we were in a position to TIE, our D gave up way to many plays in the 2nd quarter. If our special teams stops a fake, we're in OT right now. Scoring 28 with a back up QB is phenomenal...especially given the environment. I agree we will be in ATL, but to place more blame on Treon than our d is not fair

Hello people. Our O did NOT score 28. Special teams got 7 outright, and another 7 gift wrapped for the O to take it in.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
Gatorious;n299124 said:
Hello people. Our O did NOT score 28. Special teams got 7 outright, and another 7 gift wrapped for the O to take it in.

Fair, but thats not the point.... Our O also didn't give up 35.......

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm not arguing the D did their job. Look on previous pages for recriminations....what I Am saying though is that Grier would more likely have made better throws here and there to get us to 35+. Speculation, but we are what we are. A year away, and # 19-24-ish, but the east is attainable.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
Gatorious;n299139 said:
I'm not arguing the D did their job. Look on previous pages for recriminations....what I Am saying though is that Grier would more likely have made better throws here and there to get us to 35+. Speculation, but we are what we are. A year away, and # 19-24-ish, but the east is attainable.

Agreed, Grier gives us a better chance. But going in to this I think we all believed the offense would be our liability... that was not the case tonight. The defense and special teams are what lost the game

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think we still are a top 10 ten. I only say that because LSU will manhandle a lot of top teams this year and Bama and us may have been some of the only ones to hang with them. Can you give me 9 teams that'd beat LSU right now?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n299234 said:
Can you give me 9 teams that'd beat LSU right now?

Apparently, Will Grier could beat them all by himself, so how good could they really be? :lol:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Our Defense was out-coached and over schemed in the first half and especially the second quarter. THAT is what cost us the game. This is not on the players. I hope the defensive coaches learn something from this. Adjustments were made at the half but too little too late. You just can't give up 200 + yards in the 2nd quarter and expect to come away with a win--on the road--against a top SEC team.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
MJMGator;n299236 said:
Apparently, Will Grier could beat them all by himself, so how good could they really be? :lol:

No way Grier beats them himself but I would wager he would have shread their D. I cant remember the last time I saw so many open receivers.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
gatormandan;n299341 said:
No way Grier beats them himself but I would wager he would have shread their D. I cant remember the last time I saw so many open receivers.

The poster is merely putting up straw man nonsense and trying to mock those with a different opinion to deny the reality.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gatorious;n299344 said:
The poster is merely putting up straw man nonsense and trying to mock those with a different opinion to deny the reality.

More like posting TRUTH and hurting feelings.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The what if game with Grier is pointless. What if Treon is available for the UT game and Mac puts him in while Grier was struggling? Anyone still think we come back to win?

You can play the what if game till you turn blue in the face, it's pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator