***OFFICIAL UF vs. VANDY - SEC East Div. Title Game Thread***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n309011 said:
They were so turrble they'll never make it off a noon broadcast or a lower division game
They should be earmarked only for Big 10 games. Their fans deserve her.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yankeetown;n308952 said:
it was a bit disconcerting hearing a softball voice, but actually she did a good job.
:shocked2:

So is that the standard? If she isn't drunk and forget which teams are playing more times than Verne, she did a good job?

She doesn't know how many points there are on a football. I wouldn't mind her, perhaps, as a color commentator, like Verne, but trying to explain football when she clearly doesn't have the slightest clue about it is flatout embarrassing. It's even more embarrassing when she runs her irritating trap the whole damn time and keeps the exNFL player sitting beside her from explaining nuances of the game.

Does anyone think a male basketball or baseball player could land that job as a football analyst? Surely there are females out there who actually KNOW the game who could be a trailblazer as a female analyst or color commentator.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Not a bad way to end the day... painful at times... a win is a win... Atlanta bound... three games left... btw, did I mention, I hate non male sportscasters!!!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like all announcers to have some years of experience having played football, even if it's 3-4 years H.S.
They should have gone through practices doing the crabs not giving the crabs.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n308969 said:
2nd amendment loved her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She is not one who "love the meat whistle."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Saw an interesting tidbit....first win while scoring less than10 points since 1968.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n309365 said:
Saw an interesting tidbit....first win while scoring less than10 points since 1968.

I'd prefer we not set new records like that one! BUT...... it's a win. Just win.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;309365 said:

That's one muschump missed.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Something was bugging me, so I went back and checked. Acknowledging we only had 13 completions in the game, I recall an early one to Goolsby but wondered about our use of TEs. Nothing in the boxscore for Lewis or McGee. What happened? How on earth did one of our bests receivers (McGee) vanish for an entire game? Were the TEs covered that well, or was TH running for his life so much there wasn't a chance at the go-to guy? I'm dumbfounded.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n310768 said:
Something was bugging me, so I went back and checked. Acknowledging we only had 13 completions in the game, I recall an early one to Goolsby but wondered about our use of TEs. Nothing in the boxscore for Lewis or McGee. What happened? How on earth did one of our bests receivers (McGee) vanish for an entire game? Were the TEs covered that well, or was TH running for his life so much there wasn't a chance at the go-to guy? I'm dumbfounded.

Every time we rolled out and had McGee crossing, they had him blanketed. Every single time. Vandy's defense isn't getting enough credit, but they played really, really well.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n310778 said:
Every time we rolled out and had McGee crossing, they had him blanketed. Every single time. Vandy's defense isn't getting enough credit, but they played really, really well.

Agreed... on both the NCAA's and ESPN's websites, the were top 20 in total defense before (14th) and after (19th) playing us. USCe's is 88th.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It was a perfect sh*t-storm; first early game with team in a fog, looked like we were going to get the hot start that would have forced Vandy's hand on offense, but then we didn't, Vandy's defense in the zone, repeated screw-jobs by refs, etc. And yet through all that we still found a way to win and maybe got a key piece of our offense back to boot (pun).

It's over (thank the lord), we aren't as bad as we looked, and the SEC East representative thing is out of the way (not sure when getting to the championship game became being a champion. Maybe SOS started it at USC since that was as close to a championship as they were going to get). We should be able to play a lot loser going forward and be better prepared for an early kick against USC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.