OL growth

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do you get your hair to wave hello like that?
I have hair. Great hair. Terrific hair. The best. Better than Lil Marco. Trust me.

Its going to be great. It waves. No hair waves like mine. Terrific. Winning hair. That's what I have. So much winning hair. Winning waiving terrific hair.

No Mexicans have hair like mine.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We have more than enough "SEC" OL on our roster...but as Law has pointed out, they are young. We're trotting out 18 & 19 year olds when other schools (who have recruited better/more consistently) are trotting out 4th year redshirt juniors. This year we'll take some lumps...but not like we did last year. We have 19 & 20 year olds playing/starting this year, which is a much better position than we've been in the last 12+ months. There is no doubt the 2016 OL will be better...it's just a matter of how much better? I suspect w/ the combination of better TE blocking, more experienced OL, and much, much, much better QB play the OL as a whole will be significantly better - about mid-pack SEC, and about 3rd best in the SEC East. And - don't call me a pumper - I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 1 of our OL's be named 3rd team All-SEC!
I agree. We've had a couple of decent linemen over the last few years but never enough on the field at the same time. This oline finally has a chance to grow together for a couple of years and that's something that has been missing. I really hope they get a nasty edge to them though....I can't remember the last time I saw one of our offensive linemen knock someone square on their ass.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
.I can't remember the last time I saw one of our offensive linemen knock someone square on their ass.....
:cry2:

Maybe Halapio? As bad as he was in pass defense he occasional applied the piledrive on run plays.

He was a four year starter here and he didn't play a single game in the NFL. That says it all.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
:cry2:

Maybe Halapio? As bad as he was in pass defense he occasional applied the piledrive on run plays.

He was a four year starter here and he didn't play a single game in the NFL. That says it all.
He was a four year starter that was recruited by Meyer and probably the best offensive lineman we've had since 2010 or so....That's not saying much but then again neither Meyer nor Chump knew how to recruit offensive linemen....I still laugh when Meyer used to try and convince everyone in spring that Robey would win a Remington Award finalist....did he ever play a meaningful down here?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Robey was too small to be a decent long snapper.

He seems to have grown out of it, but Creyer at that time was madly in love with Mac/Wac-sized players.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He was a four year starter that was recruited by Meyer and probably the best offensive lineman we've had since 2010 or so....That's not saying much but then again neither Meyer nor Chump knew how to recruit offensive linemen....I still laugh when Meyer used to try and convince everyone in spring that Robey would win a Remington Award finalist....did he ever play a meaningful down here?

I'm sure a few of these OLs on this year's line will become All-SEC. Hopefully they become "nasty" as well. I've read over and over that Summers is "the best OL coach in the country"....well, I'd like to see him earn that reputation.

We've had several OL's better than Halapio since 2010 (Garcia, Humphries, Nixon....and arguably, Harrison?).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure a few of these OLs on this year's line will become All-SEC. Hopefully they become "nasty" as well. I've read over and over that Summers is "the best OL coach in the country"....well, I'd like to see him earn that reputation.

We've had several OL's better than Halapio since 2010 (Garcia, Humphries, Nixon....and arguably, Harrison?).
Harrison was probably a better college OL than Humphries. Definitely better than Halapeno

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hump never did anything to impress me...Nixon was the guy that got blasted a good 10 feet through the air on his ass by Dante Hightower , I believe although he had a respectable senior year in 2012. Harriston was ok when he wasn't blocking one of his own guys.....Damn....now that I really think about it we have really sucked on the oline for a while.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That wasn't really the question though. Someone asked who was the last dude who pancaked someone. Halapio was the last I remember.

Out of that bunch, I think Garcia was actually the best.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That wasn't really the question though. Someone asked who was the last dude who pancaked someone. Halapio was the last I remember.

Out of that bunch, I think Garcia was actually the best.
He probably was. Halapio was just "a tough nosed Polynesian kid" according to the Creyer.....Now that I think of it, Trenton Brown pancaked Jake McGee in the first game of 2014 and broke his leg :headslap:.......Boy we really have sucked on the offensive line for a while..

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Halapio was a damn bum

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He probably was. Halapio was just "a tough nosed Polynesian kid" according to the Creyer.....Now that I think of it, Trenton Brown pancaked Jake McGee in the first game of 2014 and broke his leg :headslap:.......Boy we really have sucked on the offensive line for a while..
I thought Brown would have pancaked somebody - forgot about Jake.
:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator