Open Practice 08/25

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Check out Zach's Twitter feed. He has some great vines of today's practice.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Harris hits Callaway running with the ones for a touchdown on the fade. Harris got all the reps with ones.

Powell and Thompson both flashing very good speed. Offense seems to be running much quicker in general than it was before.

Interesting - just saving Grier for the closed portion I guess since he was working with the 3s mostly. Is Grier 100% being given the starting job or does he not want Grier practicing with the ones on tape today - or maybe he just wants to see Harris with the ones a little more..

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This is a good thing too:

Dorsey and Worton both practicing full go

Del Rio?
Seems like he did well from the posts.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"Pittman shakes a walk on and Del Rio hits him for a touchdown"

Funny. As. Hell.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gulfstream;266068 said:
"Pittman shakes a walk on and Del Rio hits him for a touchdown"

Funny. As. Hell.

Pittman is a badass

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[video=YouTube;gW2ckD5CBpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2ckD5CBpc&sns=em[/video]

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Receivers are made in the off season with the QBs and the JUGGS machine, not in fall practice. Apparently ours didn't get the memo.

How many wide open drops will we have this year?:doh:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n266151 said:
Receivers are made in the off season with the QBs and the JUGGS machine, not in fall practice.

This is what I don't get, why aren't these guys working on the machines 2 - 3 extra hours a day on their own. If they have to be told to do it, they need to be riding the pine.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n266250 said:
This is what I don't get, why aren't these guys working on the machines 2 - 3 extra hours a day on their own. If they have to be told to do it, they need to be riding the pine.

Well, maybe that's why we're trying out a QB at WR lately?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NavetG8r;n266274 said:
Well, maybe that's why we're trying out a QB at WR lately?

Yeah, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting that preceded that decision. Probably enough F-bombs to make Sarkisian a little uncomfortable. We seriously have like 6 true scholarship WRs, plus Andrades, and we're having to resort to a QB transfer.

I guess the saving grace is he was at VU, so he's probably fairly bright. Who knows, may end up being a genius move by Mac.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n266297 said:
Yeah, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting that preceded that decision. Probably enough F-bombs to make Sarkisian a little uncomfortable. We seriously have like 6 true scholarship WRs, plus Andrades, and we're having to resort to a QB transfer.

I guess the saving grace is he was at VU, so he's probably fairly bright. Who knows, may end up being a genius move by Mac.

It definitely speaks volumes of JMac's impression of the WRs we have on roster. Especially since we really aren't in all that great of shape at QB either unless Grier and Harris are doing much better than they're letting on to the media.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n266087 said:
Did Del Rio hand the ball off to Pittman? Because there is no way Pittman caught a pass.
I just assumed It was some type of relay race.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n266448 said:
Who is that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

From this article: https://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=31113

" EXTRA RECEIVER
Graduate transfer Josh Grady arrived at Florida over the summer after playing receiver and quarterback at Vanderbilt.
Grady has taken snaps at quarterback but most of his reps of late have been at receiver.
“We are trying to find some guys that are consistently going to make some catches,’’ McElwain said. “He’s a guy that has played that.’’
The Gators are also giving redshirt sophomore Alvin Bailey an opportunity to make an impact in the rotation. Bailey played in six games last season but did not have a catch.
“We’re asking Alvin to really step up. He’s a guy that’s gotta make some plays for us,’’ McElwain said. “He’s got to be able to spell Brandon [Powell] in the slot and still be able to play some Z. We’re looking for him to show up and be consistent in everything he’s doing. We’re asking a lot of those wideouts.”"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator