Open Practice #2 - Live Updates

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is Goolsby or Lane practicing after leaving yesterday?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
I did not see Goolsby or Lane practicing today. Don't read anything into that, just didn't notice them.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Brandon Powell getting a look at punt returner on far field. He's got a lil Brandon James in him, only bigger and with better hands.
I was wondering if they were going to use him that way

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
The Original DC said:
Just realized my most important post didn't go through (freaking glare). Grier hit Robinson for about 20 yards for a TD, a back shoulder throw.
It was a pretty throw and catch.

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
The Original DC said:
I'll close on this note, Brooks Abbot looks like the best kicker, great leg strength. Gotta run fellas, Go Gators!
Agreed. It was "who is 97 that keeps hitting the scissors lift?"

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
JC_Gator said:
I'm pretty sure I saw Lane in a running back drill. He came up short on a ~20yd out that everyone else caught. He may have been nursing a slight pull, although I didn't notice any limp.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
DC, thanks again for posting what you see even if there for a short time. It is great

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The last three days were fun thanks to DC. Thanks for posting, you were so solid I didn't follow any other site. Gatorchatter rising!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan said:
The last three days were fun thanks to DC. Thanks for posting, you were so solid I didn't follow any other site. Gatorchatter rising!
Yes! I went back a read all of the other pratice reports. OUTSTANDING!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Again, believe it or not, Driskel and Debose neck and neck for 20 yards during sprints, with everyone else 3 or 4 yards behind.
Our Beloved QB is doing his best to be a leader. I hope, and believe, that he's going to have a breakout year. Go Gators!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Driskel to Joyer for about 8.
Joyer has performed well and been, from all I can tell, a good citizen of Gator Nation. I hope he isn't completely forgotten about this year.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB said:
These updates have been awesome. Thanks again for doing this.
Yes. These are great! When I look at DC's post count, I'll know they were actually valuable! :-)

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Brandon Powell getting a look at punt returner on far field. He's got a lil Brandon James in him, only bigger and with better hands.
I know Brandon James' hands weren't the best at WR, but honestly, that kid had big brass ones and ice in his veins when it came to fielding punts. If Powell is better that James, he will be a fan favorite for sure!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Quincy Wilson obvious hold on Dunbar. But porter would have sacked Driskel on CB blitz
Dislike. I hope Roper's coaching Driskel up on seeing the CB blitzes.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
They're breaking off into drills now. I'm about to pull a Pat Dooley and let y'all figure the rest out for yourselves.
You're going to the gym to [most likely] use the elliptical machine in between talking to other clients about their favorite songs?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan said:
Yep yep! Outstanding job DC!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Turk182;n26804 said:
No QB can consistently beat a great pass rush!

Which is why the O-line is so important to the entire game.
If i'm not mistaken, Murphy was near the top of QBR prior to his injury against LSU. Seems like he was perfect passing in the 1st half against UK, if not, he was close. Granted Murphy shined against subpar teams prior to his injury, but he did shine. The shoulder injury royally f'd us.

All that said, this offense seems suited for Driskel. Murphy made the right decision to transfer, but he would have been a very solid backup this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
I don't expect Trip and Moore to be the starting guards by the end of the summer. I think the starting O'line will be:

Hump
Johnson
Garcia
Brown
Green

Trip, Moore, and Sharpe will be the main guys rotating these starters out.
From everything that I'm reading, Brown has been running second team. Moore and Thurman are 1st. Where have you seen that he's been starting every practice?

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n26623 said:

I'm sorry but Brandon James was a monster at punt returner. The guy would catch everything and make a play with it. He would never, I mean never fair catch it no matter how much traffic was around him. He would hardly ever turn the ball over either while fielding the punts in traffic. Now, if you are talking about "hands" at WR...then ummm...no argument from me..lol If Brandon Powell (hopefully having the same first name is a good luck sign) is anything close to Brandon James I would be beyond excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator