Orange & Blue Spring Game Thread

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Jeebus, we have to engage in liecraft now.

They have turnstiles. If they wanted a REAL number, theyd have it.

I was a student 4 years, postgrad student for 2, and a season ticket holder for 24. I don't recall ever seeing turnstiles at The Swamp. For decades "attendance" was ticket sales (whether or not they attended) + the teams, staff, vendors, press and any other warm bodies they could count. Now they scan tickets, but I doubt they use that number. For this game there were no tickets.

All that said, whatever guestimate method was used I doubt other schools have more accurate counts.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly Franks did not look that much ahead of Trask to me. He had the entire first half with the 1st team O against the 2nd team D. Franks doesn't have great touch but has a rifle arm. Trask has better touch on the ball and to his credit engineered a scoring drive in his only opportunity with the 1st team offense. To have an apples to apples comparison, both QB's should have had equal time with the first team offense.

Franks is ahead of Trask. Deal with it. It is fact. How they played in practice dictated who was with the 1's and 2's. They're not neck and neck. Trask did not EARN the PT with the 1's. Sorry.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trask has a good arm and might be a good QB one day. As of now, he is not ready to start in the SEC. Franks might not be either but I think he will be ok the more he plays.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Watched that first half again. Mark Thompson should never again be allowed to touch a football at Florida. In fact, all indications are that he doesn't want to touch a football. Swear to gawd if he ever lines up in the backfield again I'm writing a strongly worded letter to the UAA.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly Franks did not look that much ahead of Trask to me. He had the entire first half with the 1st team O against the 2nd team D. Franks doesn't have great touch but has a rifle arm. Trask has better touch on the ball and to his credit engineered a scoring drive in his only opportunity with the 1st team offense. To have an apples to apples comparison, both QB's should have had equal time with the first team offense.

They don't handicap performance in college football. It's like sales. You make the sales, you become the guy who gets all the leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator