Oregon players facing discipline after mocking Winston

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not merge this even though it is in another thread.....this deserves a thread of its' own, and should be bumped for as long as possible.:thumbup:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry if a repeat...

PASADENA, Calif. -- Several Oregon players are facing team discipline after celebrating their win in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual by apparently mocking Florida Statequarterback Jameis Winston and allegations of sexual assault that have followed the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner the past two years. Video taken from the field as Oregon celebrated its 59-20 win in the College Football Playoff semifinal showed multiple players chanting, "No means no," to the tune of the "Warchant" used by Florida State fans.
"We are aware of the inappropriate behavior in the postgame," coach Mark Helfrich said in a statement released by Oregon on Thursday night. "This is not what our program stands for, and the student-athletes will be disciplined internally."
The short video, uploaded to Vine by Bear Heiser of Fox Sports West, quickly drew strong reactions on social networks. Sophomore linebacker Torrodney Prevot and redshirt freshman Kani Benoit are both visible doing the chant, along with a third player who is wearing a "WON NOT DONE" T-shirt over his game jersey.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Completely out of line. I think they should sit out the championship game.

However, this shows the wave of anti-Nole that is sweeping the country, not just felt within FSU's rivals. It's not all espn and the SECs fault. Asian fortune cookie says, "Look within, the spear is double headed"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Internal discipline means they will be running more stairs and sprints.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
The Duck players chanting that should be fined! Oh wait they can't do that. LMAO! And none of those Duck players would ever get boozed up and want to have sex with a girl would they even if she said no? Kmmm.

I am glad FSU lost and lost big. Too bad Auburn choked away the title to them last year. But I just can't warm to the Ducks for a variety of reasons and this distasteful chant of theirs after the game was bush league. They finally won a big game now they have to win another.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n142225 said:
Honestly, the video made me laugh when I saw it.

The video was funny... the players might have to run a few stairs or drills... but they are playing for the NC. I'm sure they would do it again if the situation happened.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n142297 said:
I would do it . . . . but, of course, I'm not a player.

Yeah, but are you a playa?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone in college football who isnt chastising Rapeis and otherwise supporting rape victims should be fined and suspended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.