Oregon State unveils Turnover Chainsaw

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I want to see a "Turnover AR-15"!

They get an INT, come to the bench, and rattle off a 30 round magazine!!

Now I think you’re being a little ridiculous.

To me, the obvious choice is the turnover lap dance. You’re telling me we wouldn’t have pounced on a single one of those 12 fumbles against miami if that’s what was waiting?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Next week USF will unveil the “Turnover Lapdance”.

The defensive player who recovers a fumble or intercepts a pass runs to a green and gold decorated throne on the sidelines and two dancers from Mons Venus perform a lapdance while “Pour Some Sugar On Me” is played over the stadium sound system.

It’s the most Tampa thing ever. Except for the dancers have to wear SOME clothing. But other than that, you know.

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The latest in what seems to be an endless array of gimmicks to somehow fire up the players and, I suppose, the crowd. Russel Crowe's line "Are you not entertained?" comes to mind. Time was, fans were entertained by dominating defenses that maximized hard-hitting, toughness, and execution. Pair that with a potent offense and a fan base went home happy more often than not. But times change. And so have the expectations of the masses. In a lot of cases, it's not as much a game as it is an event...and the associated costs reflect and cultivate that. So what's next? I laughed at the "Turnover Lap Dance" idea, but what's next might be equally as bizarre. I'd just like to see a really good defensive performance, in our case the back seven playing on par with our front four. Combine that with FF minimizing the F ups, the OL getting a push, and I'm entertained. Let the mutants and other basement dwellers crank up chain saws, put on masks, or don pocket books. Let's play ball again.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The latest in what seems to be an endless array of gimmicks to somehow fire up the players and, I suppose, the crowd. Russel Crowe's line "Are you not entertained?" comes to mind. Time was, fans were entertained by dominating defenses that maximized hard-hitting, toughness, and execution. Pair that with a potent offense and a fan base went home happy more often than not. But times change. And so have the expectations of the masses. In a lot of cases, it's not as much a game as it is an event...and the associated costs reflect and cultivate that. So what's next? I laughed at the "Turnover Lap Dance" idea, but what's next might be equally as bizarre. I'd just like to see a really good defensive performance, in our case the back seven playing on par with our front four. Combine that with FF minimizing the F ups, the OL getting a push, and I'm entertained. Let the mutants and other basement dwellers crank up chain saws, put on masks, or don pocket books. Let's play ball again.
The future is bright.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Now I think you’re being a little ridiculous.

To me, the obvious choice is the turnover lap dance. You’re telling me we wouldn’t have pounced on a single one of those 12 fumbles against miami if that’s what was waiting?

Hugh Feeeze just asked someone to hold his beer.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'd just like to see a really good defensive performance

Your showing your age, wanting quality football. Today's fans want fireworks, laser shows, fog machines, and a killer soundtrack. The concept of 'football' is a necessary evil, adequately met by having some kids in uniform running around on the field. Who has the ball, or if there is a ball, doesn't really matter.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Your showing your age, wanting quality football. Today's fans want fireworks, laser shows, fog machines, and a killer soundtrack. The concept of 'football' is a necessary evil, adequately met by having some kids in uniform running around on the field. Who has the ball, or if there is a ball, doesn't really matter.

:(:(

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are correct, sir. At 59, I now understand my granddaddy better than ever. Buttermilk and cornbread could be as good as it gets! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator