OSU player commits suicide in dumpster

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As great of a coach as Meyer is, he can't seem to steer clear of player-related drama. As we all know, he doesn't handle crises very well personally, now he's dealing with a concussion-related suicide by a player. This player apparently climbed into a dumpster and shot himself, how twisted-up mentally must this kid have been. Tragic.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...sportscenterFB

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sad. Did he not seek any kind of help?

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
It is a sad tragedy for his family and friends and for the OSU football team. It is being talked about as concussion-related, but who knows what factors were at play.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
Urban does handle crisis very well???? Lol ... he is a little punk bitch that runs away from chit. He didnt want to stick around and clean up the mess he made. F@ck Urban Meyer.

Feel bad for the OSU program as well as the kids family. That is just pretty sad ... but I am very sure there is much more to this story than what is out there being printed.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Still amazed at how so many still don't take head injuries seriously. That rub some dirt on it attitude still exists. Looking back, I really think Timmy had no business playing in that LSU game following his concussion.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How does anyone know for a fact that his death it's concussion related?

:headslap:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To climb into a dumpster though, talk about zero self-worth. Leaving yourself to rot for days with a hole in your head amongst the rest of the garbage.. Shocking that nobody saw this coming at OSU.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Tragic especially for a walk on who should not be seeing a lot of heavy contact. I bet there are other issues involved as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n119870 said:
How does anyone know for a fact that his death it's concussion related?

:headslap:

That's coming from the family.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What a tragedy! Feel terrible for his family. So young.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
g8rgolfer;n119855 said:
Urban does handle crisis very well???? Lol ... he is a little punk bitch that runs away from chit. He didnt want to stick around and clean up the mess he made. F@ck Urban Meyer.

Feel bad for the OSU program as well as the kids family. That is just pretty sad ... but I am very sure there is much more to this story than what is out there being printed.

Did he bone your wife or something?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n119886 said:
Tragic especially for a walk on who should not be seeing a lot of heavy contact. I bet there are other issues involved as well.

From the article:

"Karageorge had previously spent three seasons on the Ohio State wrestling team before walking on to help on the defensive line in August."

So it doesn't necessarily mean it's all Ohio State football related, he just happened to walk-on to the football team this year. I'm sure his entire athletic history will be looked into. Regardless, what a terribly sad story.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Horribly,heartbreakingly sad story. I will be interested to see the facts as they come out.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible, feel for the family and his teammates. Not Urban. **** him. Karma's a bitch.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I cannot even fathom what it would be like to lose my son. I cry for his family. May they find some peace at some point.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know, when the news broke this kid was missing, I held out hope he was going to turn up, maybe after a couple of lost nights of fun - though I will admit the story didn't feel that way.

Suicides are always tragic. For someone to feel - really feel - that is the only way to handle whatever is bothering him/her is incredibly sad. Stories like this are made even worse by the victim's youth and in this case the imagery of his last moments.

Prayers for him and his soul - and his surviving family. They will need each and every one.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n119936 said:
Terrible, feel for the family and his teammates. Not Urban. **** him. Karma's a bitch.

I realize this is coming from you and given your past posts we shouldn't be shocked, but it's extremely sad that ANYONE who knew this young man is dealing with this. I'm not a huge Urban fan but I feel for everyone in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator