OSU Saga: Meyer suspended for 3 games

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wait...What?

I don't see how, but we'll soon find out I guess.
There's decent evidence a press conference will be announced today. They wheeled in a podium, urban was seen there earlier (parked in the back of the building), and reporters have been pushed away from the area by security. Could be something could be nothing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's decent evidence a press conference will be announced today. They wheeled in a podium, urban was seen there earlier (parked in the back of the building), and reporters have been pushed away from the area by security. Could be something could be nothing.
No matter the outcome, the appropriate thing to do is address the media with Meyer present. I wouldn't read anything more into it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of smoke Urban may actually be gone today. Won't believe until I see though.
I just heard the the Board of Regents are meeting and then they may present their opinion but the final say so is on the President.

I’m going with Urbs stays Gene’s gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it sure wasn't a quick little exhoneration.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Shelley just arrived at the Longaberger Alumni House where the Board of Regents meetings taking place.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Was urbs eating papa johns?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@davebiddle: Important to keep in mind Drake works for the BoT ... and not the other way around.

@davebiddle: @DannyDelmatto Not "gone" ... but wants a suspension (more than the 3 weeks of "time served"). Meyer is saying eff no to that from what I've been told.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, look at that. Nothing to see here, time served.

leogator

May 5, 2018
@davebiddle: Important to keep in mind Drake works for the BoT ... and not the other way around.

@davebiddle: @DannyDelmatto Not "gone" ... but wants a suspension (more than the 3 weeks of "time served"). Meyer is saying eff no to that from what I've been told.

If Meyer actually reported it to the higher ups then he can say fu to them. The president wants a sacrificial lamb for PR purposes. Would adding couple of million per year to Meyer's contract convince him to say mea culpa?

The BoT/President schism is real. I wonder if they'll fire the President.

The chit is better than a Mexican novella!

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Meyer actually reported it to the higher ups then he can say fu to them. The president wants a sacrificial lamb for PR purposes. Would adding couple of million per year to Meyer's contract convince him to say mea culpa?

The BoT/President schism is real. I wonder if they'll fire the President.
Could happen for sure. Also found this odd, unless as some expected Smith is the Patsy.

@DanMurphyESPN: Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith just arrived at the building where trustees are meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator