OTHER COLLEGE Games

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Is it fair to say that this was their “Georgia Southern” game?
Not quite. Ga. Southern was division 48 when we played them and they never completed a single pass in the game. I know New Mex. St. has no history but their head coach has a long history. Jerry Kill is and has been very well respsected his entire career. Won at Northern Ill., then got head job at Minnesota I think. Has very serious health issues (epilepsy his entire life) which has caused him seizures during games and has forced him to leave coaching jobs in the past. But he has always been known as an excellent football coach beneath the biggest level.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not quite. Ga. Southern was division 48 when we played them and they never completed a single pass in the game. I know New Mex. St. has no history but their head coach has a long history. Jerry Kill is and has been very well respsected his entire career. Won at Northern Ill., then got head job at Minnesota I think. Has very serious health issues (epilepsy his entire life) which has caused him seizures during games and has forced him to leave coaching jobs in the past. But he has always been known as an excellent football coach beneath the biggest level.

Ah- yes, Mr. Kill does have quite the stellar reputation

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ah- yes, Mr. Kill does have quite the stellar reputation
68-54 career record at NIU, Minnesota and New Mex State. That does not include a 2-2 record at TCU as interim coach the year Gary Patterson was fired. May not look that great but not terrible given the 3 football powerhouses, LOL, where he has been head coach.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I went to lunch after church with some old timers. One is an 87-year old Tennessee fan, the other is a 91-year old Dwags fan. The butte offer is the usual arrogant, loud, annoying dwag type at all ages.

He was talking about how dominant the dwags are this year and how they are going to three-peat after rolling the Vols yesterday. I reminded him. It to read too much into their won over the vols, even Florida beat the Vols this year. Breaking his stunned shocked silence, he was surprised and said, “Florida did?” That was the end of the sports conversation.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I went to lunch after church with some old timers. One is an 87-year old Tennessee fan, the other is a 91-year old Dwags fan. The butte offer is the usual arrogant, loud, annoying dwag type at all ages.

I certainly hope you let one of them pay. There’s a decent chance they don’t even see that statement.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn ran for 68 yards on 5 plays to tie it 7-7. Interesting.
Auburn received the kickoff after Bama scored, the Bama player almost ripped the KR's helmet off and the refs called no foul. Even Gary Danielson couldn't believe it and he's a Saban sympathizer.

There couldn't have been a more blatant facemask penalty.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would have been offsetting penalties. It was a face mask but the Barn player blocked the Bama player illegally in the back just prior to the face mask.
They started the drive around the 5 yard line.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
They started the drive around the 5 yard line.
Exactly, which means Bama would have had ro rekick, and the Barn could have fair caught the ball and started at the 25. you miss the point that the Barn was also flagged. thus it would have resulted in offsetting penalties. Yes they missed the call but the Barn would not have automatically had the ball after that play prior to a rekick.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t watch it, I just saw the replay after.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The Bama defense looks almost as bad as the Gator defense. they have about 10 busted assignments already today most of them on the exact same running play.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I was today years old when I learned former Gators kicker Evan McPherson has a little brother and he kicks for Awburn. Iron Bowl is another close rivalry week game today. Go War Damn Eagle Tigers Plainsmen

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well the Barn just got a monster break from the officials to allow them to run more clock and kick a much shorter field goal. On 4th down and 2 they lined up to go with it. While they motioned a wide receiver, two Barn players then shifted sides meaning they had 3 guys moving at the same time which is fine if they are shifting but one of them was in motion. The shift cause the Bame D to jumped and the refs called Bama for offsides. Incorrect call, but that shyt happens.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I guess the Barn called that timeout so that Freeze could call the "Gator Special" defense. Both teams having zero awareness on that last drive.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I guess the Barn called that timeout so that Freeze could call the "Gator Special" defense. Both teams having zero awareness on that last drive.
So the guy that so many Gator fans wanted (Freeze) coaches just like the guy who so many Gator fans despise……

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator