Off: Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina and Vanderbilt

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They have us at 8?

I'll take the over on that all day long.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think the number is about right (8 wins). As of today, we are underdogs in at least 4 games (UT, UGA, LSU, FSU).

I'd disagree with at a minimum Lsu and uga. One game was a loss, settled by a failed hail mary at the end--in their house--while the other was a blowout win against a team that doesn't seem to be any different from last year and will roll out a new HC. We shouldn't be decided underdogs in either contest.

And again, you could make a valid reason for tennessee beating us every year since 2009. It hasn't happened once, and that's because while the argument has some merit, it has an equal amount of obvious holes in it.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Please explain to me how in the name of god UGA wins 9 games this year.....They'll suck balls for crying out loud, 5-7. Same with The Barn, TAMU is no better than 6-6, and don't even get me started on UT. Who comes up with this crap?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd disagree with at a minimum Lsu and uga. One game was loss, settled by a failed hail mary at the end--in their house--while the other was a blowout win against a team that doesn't seem to be any different from last year and will roll out a new HC. We shouldn't be decided underdogs in either contest.

And again, you could make a valid reason for tennessee beating us every year since 2009. It hasn't happened once, and that's because while the argument has some merit, it has an equal amount of obvious holes in it.

Dude, the odds are posted at several gambling sites. We are underdogs in those 4 games. That's all I was saying. Last year has no factor on this year. LSU is loaded and Miles has his back to the wall. UGA has recruited better than us (the last 4 years), they won't be starting Bauta (or whatever that guys name was - his only career start) and has a new coach (which for UGA has brought new excitement). Tennessee is...well, Tennessee....but most pundits pick them in the top 10 and the game is in Knoxville.....and FSU is currently an 11 point favorite and ranked in most everyone's top 5...and the game is in Tallahassee. So, I think having us at 8 wins is very, very accurate. The people in Vegas do this to make money....not to rile up fans on message boards!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dude, the odds are posted at several gambling sites. We are underdogs in those 4 games. That's all I was saying. Last year has no factor on this year. LSU is loaded and Miles has his back to the wall. UGA has recruited better than us (the last 4 years), they won't be starting Bauta (or whatever that guys name was - his only career start) and has a new coach (which for UGA has brought new excitement). Tennessee is...well, Tennessee....but most pundits pick them in the top 10 and the game is in Knoxville.....and FSU is currently an 11 point favorite and ranked in most everyone's top 5...and the game is in Tallahassee. So, I think having us at 8 wins is very, very accurate. The people in Vegas do this to make money....not to rile up fans on message boards!

I wasn't arguing with you. I was disputing their logic in having us as underdogs in the games I addressed. I've also been pretty realistic about the beast that fsu will likely be this season, which is why I didn't touch that one. If I appeared riled up, I apologize.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wasn't arguing with you. I was disputing their logic in having us as underdogs in the games I addressed. I've also been pretty realistic about the beast that fsu will likely be this season, which is why I didn't touch that one. If I appeared riled up, I apologize.

No worries. I agree w/ you somewhat. But honestly, I think the UT game is going to be tough...and if we don't get our QB & OL situation settled it could get away from us like last year almost did (before the 14 point comeback). FSU is going to be good this year if they find a QB. Last year was their "we'll take our lumps this season" season. They return a ton of talent and Fisher is the best QB coach in college football (just look at his resume)....so anyone that thinks that game is a given is - literally - nuts! LSU in Gainesville makes me happy...because they return a ton of talent as well. The UGA game doesn't worry me as much, but like I said, they have out-recruited us (including this year w/ 1st year coach). So they have a ton of talent....all they need is the right coach to get them over the top and Smart learned from the best in CFB. None of those games are a given...plus we travel to Arkansas. I would have liked to see that win total at 7.5 and then I'd have felt better about the over! I think we win at 2 of those 4 tough games.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Please explain to me how in the name of god UGA wins 9 games this year.....They'll suck balls for crying out loud, 5-7. Same with The Barn, TAMU is no better than 6-6, and don't even get me started on UT. Who comes up with this crap?

The same clueless secretary that wins the March Madness office pool by picking teams with "the better color uniforms".

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

Time to raid the cookie jar. Looks like some fertile "under" territory to bet on.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Here is what I'll take.
Bama-Over
Burn- Under
Gators- Over
UGly- under
Corndawgs- under
Miss-ST- Over
Ol Piss- Under
bUTtchug- under
aTm- Under

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Time to raid the cookie jar. Looks like some fertile "under" territory to bet on.
I'll admit I sometimes let my dislike of certain teams influence my predictions but Auburn, TAMU and UGA all sucked pretty badly last year and I just don't see why anyone thinks they'll improve any if at all this season....If Chubb doesn't make a 100% recovery UGA has nothing on offense whatsoever and we really don't know if Smart is anything more than another Muschamp at this point. I just don't get it....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I guess the over is so high for UGa because with a new coach the fan base all bet over. I would guess win variance is very high with new coaches.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
UGA has us in Jax, a trip to Oxford, and opens with UNC in Atlanta. They may go 1-2 in those three alone.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I think the number is about right (8 wins). As of today, we are underdogs in at least 4 games (UT, UGA, LSU, FSU).
UT we've beaten 11 times in a row. GA we've stomped like a narc at a biker rally for the 2 and a half decades and beaten them by 3 touchdowns the last 2 years.

LSU and FSU I can see being underdogs before the season starts. No one wins more SEC preseason titles than UGay and Tenerc though. Ridiculous.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UT we've beaten 11 times in a row. GA we've stomped like a narc at a biker rally for the 2 and a half decades and beaten them by 3 touchdowns the last 2 years.

LSU and FSU I can see being underdogs before the season starts. No one wins more SEC preseason titles than UGay and Tenerc though. Ridiculous.

Yes...but you should go plead your case to the bookmakers in Vegas. I don't make the lines....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Alabama Crimson Tide: 9.5
Arkansas Razorbacks: 7
Auburn Tigers: 7.5
Florida Gators: 8
Georgia Bulldogs: 9.5
LSU Tigers: 10.5
Mississippi State Bulldogs: 7.5
Ole Miss Rebels: 9.5
Tennessee Volunteers: 10.5
Texas A&M Aggies: 8
Off:
Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina and Vanderbilt

Assumptions without bowl game

Bama - Over
Arkansas - push
Barn - under
UF - Over
UGA - under
LSU - under (10 wins)
Miss State - under
Ole Piss - under
UT - under
T A&M - under

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Assumptions without bowl game

Bama - Over
Arkansas - push
Barn - under
UF - Over
UGA - under
LSU - under (10 wins)
Miss State - under
Ole Piss - under
UT - under
T A&M - under

All win totals are ALWAYS regular season only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator