G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Clickbait...
You wanted us to think it would be Napier on Dec 5
I didn't fall for that:embarrassed:
Me neither. Arriving by parachute?? Please. :rolleyes3:

Everybody knows Napier used his kickback from the buyout money to get himself a jetpack.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
UF Factoid: I've mentioned this before, but a good friend of mine from UF (he was a walk on tailback at UF) was the Commanding Officer of the Golden Knights from 2012-14. I had lost touch with with him until a few years ago when I thought he had been badly wounded in Afghanistan (had 6-7 stints). In fact, he was badly injured (career ending) in a jump with the Golden Knights. His wife Rosie made awesome pork chops, beans, and rice. Puerto Ricans are good for something! ;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Feet and knees together!
Not with that damn silk. They wear tennis shoes and land with their feet apart like they dropped from a three foot deck or something.

You do that with a dash one bravo and you won't walk without a limp the rest of your life.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It is nice to see that something fun, exciting and well done is going on at BHG on occasion. Lawd only knows the football has been absent for over a decade.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was so cool to see live. The precision of those guys was inspiring.
They make it look easy but the last little bit in the stadium you know doubt have very weird winds to deal with, either the prevailing winds blocked by the sides or perhaps accelerated if it is shooting into the gaps in the north and south.

Of course, it's always the last 100 feet or so that matters the most.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thank goodness Mulls didn't pack the chutes.

Before he became a prof, my committee adviser was in the Golden Knights. Broke his back on a jump. Healed up and kept jumping. He and I became good friends and I kept up with him. Even at age 65 he would offer any of his grad students an A if they beat him at handball. They played on the concrete courts on campus. I'm not sure if they're still there. He never had to pay up...ever. I'm not sure when he stopped that offer.

Imagine someone in academia who actually did useful things, for Ford, the Navy, and a host of other big companies. He banked it and finally retired a few years ago.

Another guy on my committee got out altogether right after I left. His company took off and he made a fortune. Maybe that's why I got the hell out of dodge the minute I could. Only thing is I didn't make a fortune.

I was very lucky to interact with those two. The rest of that crowd were...I better not say.

Mike Thomas the department chair wasn't on my committee. He was OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.