Patric Young has serious infection still - 100 days in hospital

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Prayers for Patric. A great Gator and represents the school and athletic programs as you would want every athlete to do.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s good. Story’s been out for a bit. Probably the last three or four days. I think he’s already traveling around. Happened earlier last week.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
One of my more favorite Gator Bballers. Glad to hear he’s doing well! Add PY tweeted, “Praise God” indeed!

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
One report said that no one was wearing seat belts? Maybe he was distracted by the no belt alert tones? No seat belts? That deserves a big "come on man" . Great guy and great Gator. But please buckle uo.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Praying for Patric. He deserves the best.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Definitely glad to see that Patric looks to be on the road to recovery from his accident. I'm sorry though, I just can't envision a scenario where a video of a guy in a wheelchair with a catheter bag full of piss strapped to his leg would ever really, "bring me joy."

Unless of course that guy was Dan Mullen. :nole: THAT ONE'S FOR YOU, DONK!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That back brace and those circulation hose (plus the piss bag)…I sure wish I could have seen him move his legs. I hope that wheelchair isn’t a permanent thing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That back brace and those circulation hose (plus the piss bag)…I sure wish I could have seen him move his legs. I hope that wheelchair isn’t a permanent thing.
TOS Said that he has a spinal cord injury. No other details besides that

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
He doesn't move his legs at all BUT he seems pretty chipper and upbeat for a former athlete who's facing a lifetime of paralysis. So I don't believe that's the case. Sounds like he's heading off to Colorado for the next stage of his rehab. Based on his mood I choose to assume he's been told he'll eventually be back on his feet again.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Can't say enough about him, truly impressive!

Already was a Gator Great. I admire him 100 times more now. Would love to just shake his hand and thank him for representing Gator Nation. Just 10-15 seconds to thank him…

Edit: CBN and Coach Golden need to get him in the locker room as a frequent pregame visitor to address the team.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn't move his legs at all BUT he seems pretty chipper and upbeat for a former athlete who's facing a lifetime of paralysis. So I don't believe that's the case. Sounds like he's heading off to Colorado for the next stage of his rehab. Based on his mood I choose to assume he's been told he'll eventually be back on his feet again.

I hope you are right.

His attitude is pretty typical when starting rehab but unfortunately most never regained their ability to walk.
I hope and pray that Patric is the exception.
He’s one of my favorite gators of all time, a truly classy man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator