Perspective

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
A dear friend I hadn't seen in 18 months visited the other night and brought me a gift:

I didn't physically recoil. But I instantly realized I couldn't tell him about this twit who haunts Gator message boards for the sole purpose of stirring up irritation. And I could not, would not, avoid reading about a true American hero because that twit has purloined his name for such base purposes.

And I thought, I've got to share this with you guys.

Troll, where is thy sting?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Yes, U.S. Army Sgt. Alvin York was a true American hero whose memory deserves respect and honor, not perverted disregard by a certain message board troll who hides behind Sgt. York's fine name and selfless deeds.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
I have visited the Alvin York home and gravesite in Pall Mall, Tennessee. If you ever get a chance to go it is a humbling experience. Get the movie, Sergeant York which came out in 1941 and starred Gary Cooper. You can buy the DVD on Amazon for less than $10. The real Alvin York has been largely forgotten. America needs more real heroes like the Hero from the Valley of the Three Forks of the Wolf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.