Petrino pulls scholarship at witching hour

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Small update, the kids high school has banned BP from recruiting there. He was also "Mr. Football" in South Carolina this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't stand coaches that pull that right before signing day or right before an early enrollee is supposed to start classes. The Miss State coach pulled this and we know what Bama does. I don't think we have ever done that recently unless it was months out from signing day.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Karma's a bitch, and it will all come back to Petrino.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
YJPPETRINO-articleLarge.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is tough with trying to ensure you have a full class that meets your needs, but this practice is simply unacceptable. Not sure what the solution is (if any) with each school having their own policies about grey shirting.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n170666 said:
Make it a NCAA rule that oversigning and grey shirting is not allowed.

Or maybe an early signing period? This kid committed last summer and stuck with it for 6 months

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n170666 said:
Make it a NCAA rule that oversigning and grey shirting is not allowed.

I really hesitate to have the NCAA making any more rules regarding recruiting.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n170678 said:
Or maybe an early signing period? This kid committed last summer and stuck with it for 6 months

Then if there are coaching changes a kid can't follow a coach that he signed to.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n170680 said:
I really hesitate to have the NCAA making any more rules regarding recruiting.

Then make it a conference rule instead.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n170694 said:
Then if there are coaching changes a kid can't follow a coach that he signed to.

There's no reason it has to be a mandatory signing period (kids can choose to sign early or on NSD). Or there could be clauses for just that situation

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
“I was aware that Auburn wanted to grayshirt me about a month ago,” Sullivan said. “It happened right when Coach Muschamp and the new staff came in. I talked to them about a week later after they got there, and the coaches told me that they wanted to grayshirt me because, uh, well .. I’m not sure what it was really for so I’m not going to speak on that. But yeah, they told me right after the staff meeting that they wanted to grayshirt me.”

I'm sure there's still some muststank lovers on here who swear he's such a wonderful guy.

"Hey kid, we know your a good kid and have been committed to us for a year, but theres a new sheriff in town and honestly we dont want you... but dont misunderstand though, we dont want anyone else to have you either. How bout you just walk-on to the team? No? Ok, maybe wait till next year and we 'promise' we'll throw you a bone then. We are really stoked about you being an Auburn Tiger, War Eagle!"

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks for the kid but it also sucks for every team in the country when committed kids sign elsewhere on NSD without informing the coaches. At least he was given 48 hours while some teams are left on NSD with no idea that a kid was playing them the whole time. Recruiting is a dirty business and it cuts both ways.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n170792 said:
Sucks for the kid but it also sucks for every team in the country when committed kids sign elsewhere on NSD without informing the coaches. At least he was given 48 hours while some teams are left on NSD with no idea that a kid was playing them the whole time. Recruiting is a dirty business and it cuts both ways.

Agree with what you wrote, but your statement discounts the fact that one group is comprised of a bunch of 17 yr old school boys while the other is made up of grown men that hold professional employment, are compensated quite well and represent an institution of higher learning. The standard for accountability and integrity is not the same, nor should it be.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n170792 said:

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator