Phil Mickelson defeats Father Time, oldest to ever win Major

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oldest professional ever to win a major.

Congrats Lefty!

phil-mickelson-pga-trophy.jpg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm too lazy to look it up...
what was up with the "crowd control" at the end of the tourney?
did they bum rush him?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Security was not adequately prepared for Phil winning and they did swarm them. The best part was Koepka whining about it. Feared for his safety and concerned about re-injuring his knee, which is legit, but it came across as...

upload_2021-5-26_13-54-4.jpeg

And to top it off, De Chambeau walked by and gigged him. Sad thing is that he can obviously play the game very well, but might just be a touch overindulged.

But enough about Brooks. Phil, who I’ve never really been a fan of, elevated his game, which had been sagging, and held on to win another major, defeating one of the young guns, the maddening crowd, and Father Time in doing so. He could’ve easily collapsed on a tough course while battling the pressure of leading a major on Sunday...at the age of 50 where all kinds of shti starts breaking down. But he didn’t. And I think he rose a few notches in my book, for whatever that’s worth.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
50-Year-Old With Arthritis Wins PGA, Proudly Proves Once And For All That Golf Is Not A Sport

“I did it!” He exclaimed, hoisting the trophy. “I finally showed all you clowns out there, calling us 'athletes'. Look at Captain Muscles over here next to me - I just lugged my bag of arthritic, fifty-year-old bones around here and whipped him and his biceps. I can't even see out of these mirror glasses, you chumps!" Phil crowed, pumping his weather-worn fist in the air.

At last, a victorious Phil Mickelson has put such silly notions to rest. The man known as ‘Hefty Lefty’ walked off the final green cackling, then revealed his special ‘protein drink’ he uses during rounds to be nothing but Malibu rum. Mickelson hopped on his private jet and headed straight for the Golden Corral, where he plans to use the senior discount and stay all afternoon pounding steak.

Last edited:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm happy because he seems to be a good family man. I think we need more of that in sports instead of say, Derrick Thomas in football who fathered 11 children to 11 different women. Good for you Phil and all the nuclear families in the US.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not a fan of Koepka , but I’d be mad as a hornets nest of the crowd pulled some bull**** like that on the 72nd hole . Golf is a gentlemen’s game . And those
Hooligans should’ve been treated the same way an unwanted trespasser is tackled when storming a baseball diamond or football field .

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not a fan of Koepka , but I’d be mad as a hornets nest of the crowd pulled some bull**** like that on the 72nd hole . Golf is a gentlemen’s game . And those
Hooligans should’ve been treated the same way an unwanted trespasser is tackled when storming a baseball diamond or football field .
They didn’t have nearly enough security personnel to control the crowd. Better be thankful it was a golf crowd or it coulda gotten ugly.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Think Jan 6.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
They didn’t have nearly enough security personnel to control the crowd. Better be thankful it was a golf crowd or it coulda gotten ugly.
Circular logic. They didn't have enough security because...it was a golf crowd. Same reason for inadequate security at a certain place early in January. Nobody worries about white dads. Until it's too late. And then...ehh, bupkis. Too late for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator