Physics for dummies

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I clicked on it. I kinda gotta into physics. Really deep into it. If I had read that when I was younger I would have run like a scared rabbit. But If I'd clicked on it when I was younger there would have only been four particles. So there's that. The purpose of LHC is to find more particles so that we are so completely confused that we'll have to admit that we'll never figure it out, and stop funding more colliders.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I clicked on it. I kinda gotta into physics. Really deep into it. If I had read that when I was younger I would have run like a scared rabbit. But If I'd clicked on it when I was younger there would have only been four particles. So there's that. The purpose of LHC is to find more particles so that we are so completely confused that we'll have to admit that we'll never figure it out, and stop funding more colliders.
Afterwards, can we start loading politicians in the colliders?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A gave up when I was told about quarks. At that point I knew it was one big ponzi scheme perpetuated by physicists around the globe. They’re all in on it, and in their little conference calls they just laugh and laugh at the bullshyt they keep spewing and suckers keep buying.

Nope, I’m done.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jim Garrison:
The FBI says they can prove it through physics in a nuclear laboratory. Of course they can prove it. Theoretical physics can also prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy! But use your eyes, your common sense.

Name that reference and earn 10 Oxbucks. No Googling allowed.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Jim Garrison:
The FBI says they can prove it through physics in a nuclear laboratory. Of course they can prove it. Theoretical physics can also prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy! But use your eyes, your common sense.

Name that reference and earn 10 Oxbucks. No Googling allowed.
JFK

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Random thought leading nowhere:

Dark matter is just a kluge to avoid admitting we don't understand squat about how the universe really works
I can model just about anything if I add enough degrees of freedom and strong dose of string theory. But that doesn't mean it's even close to right.
If the big bang is right, everything in the universe should be symmetrical, but it isn't. Go figure.
All cosmologists are...fill in the blanks.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
A gave up when I was told about quarks. At that point I knew it was one big ponzi scheme perpetuated by physicists around the globe. They’re all in on it, and in their little conference calls they just laugh and laugh at the bullshyt they keep spewing and suckers keep buying.

Nope, I’m done.

He said physics for dummies so this must make you really smart since you caught on to their scheme! :lol:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Odd timing: Just came out today from Yale scientists:

"Either there is a missing ingredient in the simulations or we have made a fundamental incorrect assumption about the nature of dark matter," Yale University astrophysicist Priyamvada Natarajan, a co-author of the study published in the journal Science, said on Friday.

I'm shocked and amazed.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just like 100 years ago when an old geologist theorized plate tectonics and was essentially black balled from the scientific community. 30-40 years later and they were like “holy ****, that old dude was right!”
Most theories fail, it’s inherent; but every so often one proves out. If not, back to the drawing board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MI5 still got you flagged?
No, I dont need to see him again.

1231d07ca52a4a5ca98d72132a0c0e6f_xl.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Just like 100 years ago when an old geologist theorized plate tectonics and was essentially black balled from the scientific community. 30-40 years later and they were like “holy ****, that old dude was right!”
Most theories fail, it’s inherent; but every so often one proves out. If not, back to the drawing board.

Similar story.
The Dr that theorized that germs were actually killing mothers days after birth in 1846 was laughed at by his colleagues for trying to tell them to wash their hands. He was eventually forced out and committed to an insane asylum. He was beaten, causing sepsis ironically and dying.

The Doctor Who Introduced the Virtues of Hand Washing Died of an Infection | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Similar story.
The Dr that theorized that germs were actually killing mothers days after birth in 1846 was laughed at by his colleagues for trying to tell them to wash their hands. He was eventually forced out and committed to an insane asylum. He was beaten, causing sepsis ironically and dying.

The Doctor Who Introduced the Virtues of Hand Washing Died of an Infection | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine
I'll wait for gator1946 to confirm this to be true. I'm sure he knew that doctor...;)

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll wait for gator1946 to confirm this to be true. I'm sure he knew that doctor...;)
I heard about but I was in another part of the world and too old to have much credibility when I questioned his theory. I always thought it was a rumor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator