Poll: Should the Swamp hang our SEC East championship banner?

Should the Swamp hang our SEC East championship banner?

• Yes

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Depends if it includes a picture of a Ham Sammich

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Just curious how much you all think that this accomplishment should be recognized at our stadium. Should we just focus on Heisman winners, SEC, and National Championships, or should we extend our recognition to the SEC East (and even some major bowl games)?
I think recognition of any important person or game is good, and that we shouldn't ignore recognizing the achievement of this team just because it is not a conference/national championship. However, I understand some of us feel that "only the best" wins should be honored in our stadium.
Hopefully this is a post that produces opposing viewpoints without any vitriol.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Titles only, not division winners. We aren't South Carolina, who proudly displays their one trip to Atlanta.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, everyone damn one. It would be a nice reminder to the youngsters how dominant we were in the 90s.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'd normally Ham Sammich, but this is too pointed to not hang the damn banner. This coach, and these kids, earned it - they earned a helluva lot more than we expected them to achieve this season. As embarrassing as these past 2 games have been, these kids still have a LOT to be proud of, a LOT to be remembered for. As to the coach, it's one simple statement that no other team in the nation can hold up and say 'look what happened year one, now come help us take the next step' to each and every recruit out there.

Hang the damn banner.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do we have banners from 2009 and other years we lost?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yes, but not as big as the years we won the SEC or natty. Basically they need to be up there, but not standing out as much as the largest accomplishments or maybe put them in a different color. East division champs in orange. Sec champs and National Champs in blue.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This ain't exactly a participation trophy. It's not a conference championship, but we had a shot at it. Yeah we **** the sheets but they earned the trip to Atlanta, something twelve other teams can't say. I want everything coming to us that we deserve. Our time is coming.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hell no. That's for the Tennessee's and Miss St's of the world.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Division Champion is a Championship.
And no matter what anybody says about that, we beat every East opponent we faced this year. Ugly or not, we earned it on the field.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Okay Girls, We don't hang banners at Florida Field. No place to hang them. We have the HOF player names that are mounted on top of the end zone walls. On the wall in the south end zone that divide the seating levels we have the NC Years (4 Digit) painted I believe . And the SEC years (2 digit) on mounted signs. All on the same wall. Personally I would add '84, '85 and '90 to that wall. But another NC and SEC championship or two and that wall will run out of room.

Honestly given that we have multiple NCs and SEC championships to boast about I don't see any sense in putting the division years up there. And when I do see that (I think USC does it) it just looks a little pathetic. We came in second in the SEC for years before there was a division game and we didn't "hang banners" for second place then. Don't see any reason to do it now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Put the division champs banners in the IPF for the recruits and players to be reminded of.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sure. Lets hang a banner every time we beat North Vermont State Poly Technical Institute School for Women. Anyone who says yes is pathetic. We did not win SH*T. We had a good record, but the coaching staff on offense the last 5 weeks was a disaster. When Dumba$$ Pat Dooley questions the offensive game plan the last few weeks then you know it is beyond obvious. The results probably would not have changed but the process would have been better

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Sure. Lets hang a banner every time we beat North Vermont State Poly Technical Institute School for Women. Anyone who says yes is pathetic. We did not win SH*T. We had a good record, but the coaching staff on offense the last 5 weeks was a disaster. When Dumba$$ Pat Dooley questions the offensive game plan the last few weeks then you know it is beyond obvious. The results probably would not have changed but the process would have been better

May I suggest that you get laid? A little horse and buggy? Buzz the Brillo? Four legged frolic? Get your pole varnished? Sail the skin boat to Tuna Town?...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, somewhere behind glass and some highlight lighting is warranted for division and probably Crowns only when gracing the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator