POLL: What percentage of snaps will Treon Harris play?

Just curious to see how we feel when Muschamp says he'll play both quarterbacks. Does he mean he wil

• 0-25%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 26-50%

• 51-75%

• 76-100%

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Just curious to see how we feel when Muschamp says he'll play both quarterbacks. Does he mean he will play Treon for 1-2 drives per half, or could he hand the keys over to Treon for the whole game if Jeff sucks?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Think it means you'll just see a normal rotation. When Jeff is in the game I'd run more and when treon is in I'd throw more

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n79653 said:
I voted 26 - 50 % because I think he may take over late if we are struggling.
Ox will be very displeased with this.

Originally posted by oxrageous View Post
Driskel will start and get at least 90% of snaps, and very possibly all of them. Muschamp may throw the fans a bone and let Harris come in and have a two yard run or something. Don't count on Harris passing even if he takes snaps.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I personally believe that WM and KR are drawing up specific packages for Treon that play to his strength. How many snaps he takes completely depends on how pitiful JD performs. I think we will see Treon full time if/when JD has committed three turnovers. At least we know Muschump will actually pull Driskel if he gets desperate.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n79670 said:
I personally believe that WM and KR are drawing up specific packages for Treon that play to his strength. How many snaps he takes completely depends on how pitiful JD performs. I think we will see Treon full time if/when JD has committed three turnovers. At least we know Muschump will actually pull Driskel if he gets desperate.

Problem is, we may be in the end of the 3rd quarter or beginning of the 4th by the time he DOES commit them. In the meantime we would have gone through almost an entire game of more Driskeling mediocre to suckage QB play.

So that means if we're lucky he'll commit the 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter. :embarrassed:

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
I think at this point Driskel will be used more for his running. If they continue to stack the box and we cannot make them pay we will bring in Treon. Even the unknown aspect of Treon's abilities will cause the defense to drop more guys than they would against Driskel. And if they do bring heat than awesome I really do think he has touch on his deep ball we haven't seen in a while.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
TheBigClaw;n79649 said:
Think it means you'll just see a normal rotation. When Jeff is in the game I'd run more and when treon is in I'd throw more

This right here is the problem. Think about this post. Throw when the true freshman is in. Run when the 4th year junior is in. This is why Driskel should have lost his job.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
maheo30;n79680 said:
This right here is the problem. Think about this post. Throw when the true freshman is in. Run when the 4th year junior is in. This is why Driskel should have lost his job.

The problem is known. now moving forward we see if the young guy can sling it or not. I'm excited for it. The other thing I'm really looking forward to is him ad libbing plays. With driskel it's execution of the play call or failure. Treon has more vision and escapability (by far) than driskel and I think he will make people look silly in open space. If they bring 8 or 9 and he can escape somehow I can see him going for 6.

Sep 6, 2014
They're gonna put in Treon only for "Wildcat" plays. Everyone in the stadium will know he's gonna run it, he'll get stuffed a few times and Muschamp will give up and go with Driskel the rest of the game.

Y'all know this is exactly what's gonna happen.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n79711 said:
They're gonna put in Treon only for "Wildcat" plays. Everyone in the stadium will know he's gonna run it, he'll get stuffed a few times and Muschamp will give up and go with Driskel the rest of the game.

Y'all know this is exactly what's gonna happen.

Yep because thats all they've allowed him to do so far. And of course driskel is incapable of running the ball.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's now official. Nothing has changed. Driskel has just been announced as the starter and is getting the majority of first team reps, with Harris being squeezed in to get some when possible. The same reasons for not playing Harris are still being used, he's a true freshman, he doesn't understand the offense, he doesn't know how to read defenses, etc. etc. Muschamp STILL thinks Driskel is a good quarterback, that's the reason that all of the reasons are being given for Harris not being ready to play. Reading defenses? Driskel threw a ball into double coverage that got his receiver hurt and gave LSU it's opportunity to win the game. Give me someone that can't read defenses if that is what to expect from a guy that, supposedly, can. No, I don't expect Harris to play until we see some "driskelling" on the field. Muschamp is a stubborn guy. He said that this was the most talented team, since he's been at Florida, on offense. He hasn't changed his mind, and Driskel is still a great player in his eyes. No, absolutely nothing has changed, and the season will officially be another fiasco if UF loses to Missouri. Jef Driskel still has the keys and UF's fate is looking more and more like the end of "Thelma and Louise" with Driskel and Muschamp in the front seat laughing hysterically.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I voted 26 - 50% because they won't pull Driskel for good until later in the game after his 2nd or 3rd turnover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.