Possible scenario for Gators to win SEC East

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather beat Georgia it's not like we could hang with the sec west winner anyways

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Beat UGA. Beat UGA and you win the East unless you **** the bed against USC or Vandy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley gives him another year regardless. It was injuries that gave him latitude last year. It wil be the Treon issue that does it this year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n73263 said:
O.K. Gator fans, which scenario would you rather have. Would you rather win the SEC East, but lose to Georgia or would you rather lose the SEC East but beat Georgia? Which of these two possible scenarios would you rather see come to fruition? Win the SEC East and beat Georgia is the obvious answer, but let's say it is not an option in this hypothetical.

ATL...the East is so bad though but at least it is something. I'm just over this whole mess. There's so much negative right now surrounding the program. It is just really bad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So we're ok with the idea of walking away from Jax a loser, but backing our way into the East due to the missteps of others?

We're close already, but that would officially make us uga.

We just need to take each week as it comes. There isn't an opponent in front of us that can't be beaten. Win out, and we're Atl bound. But as I've said before, the mental makeup of WM's teams have been pretty delicate. If we lose a game, I'm pretty sure it will be the beginning of a slide, making the thought of winning the East or retaining him completely moot.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n73263 said:
O.K. Gator fans, which scenario would you rather have. Would you rather win the SEC East, but lose to Georgia or would you rather lose the SEC East but beat Georgia? Which of these two possible scenarios would you rather see come to fruition? Win the SEC East and beat Georgia is the obvious answer, but let's say it is not an option in this hypothetical.

Easy, win SEC East. By doing so we can get some positives going into heavy recruiting, the lifeblood of SEC football

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n73287 said:
I think Foley gives him another year regardless. It was injuries that gave him latitude last year. It wil be the Treon issue that does it this year.
Agreed. He'll be retained even if we lose out. Hopeless feeling, but as long as Foley thinks he's a great coach we just have to bend over and take it. Machen's retiring, so it's not like he's going to step in and put a merciful end to this lunacy. He checked out long ago..

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
PhD Gator;n73163 said:
I think in that scenario we end up keeping him due to the decent record and the excuse of what happened with Harris (especially if we win our bowl). It becomes even more interesting in the exact same scenario, but with a loss to FSU. Has no impact on the fact we would be in Atlanta, but assuming we lose in Atlanta, we would be sitting at 7-5 going in to the bowl game. If we lose the bowl game, we would have won the East, but still finish the year 7-6 and you have to imagine he is canned. But, if we win the bowl, we are 8-5 and have an East title and a bowl win. Lots of crazy scenarios that could occur.

Muschamp absolutely can NOT get a pass based on the Harris situation. He was too dumb to start him from day one. The only reason Harris won the job is because Muschamp's wonder kid Driskel performed terribly over and over again.. Muschamp might have gotten a pass if he had named Harris the starter at the beginning of the season. Gator fans have been calling for Harris since the Kentucky game and Muschamp refused. He finally plays the kid and he leads a comeback.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n73308 said:
Agreed. He'll be retained even if we lose out. Hopeless feeling, but as long as Foley thinks he's a great coach we just have to bend over and take it. Machen's retiring, so it's not like he's going to step in and put a merciful end to this lunacy. He checked out long ago..

I feel better about the situation already. I think we should change our name to the Gainesville browns

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Swamped Gator;n73311 said:
Muschamp absolutely can NOT get a pass based on the Harris situation. He was too dumb to start him from day one. The only reason Harris won the job is because Muschamp's wonder kid Driskel performed terribly over and over again.. Muschamp might have gotten a pass if he had named Harris the starter at the beginning of the season. Gator fans have been calling for Harris since the Kentucky game and Muschamp refused. He finally plays the kid and he leads a comeback.

This needs to be quoted.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You guys kill me sometimes.
1. Scenarios for Uf to win the east - Win all their remaining SEC games. There, anything else?
2. I love all your "if we lose our bowl game Muschamp will be fired" comments. You do realize that bowls games are played several weeks after the season, right? No AD will wait until January to make a decision on a coach. You will know his fate by very early in December at the latest.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
05b.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It really doesn't matter what the rest of this year plays out. Muschamp isn't going anywhere. Foley is rooted in this and we'll see another sh¡t year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would love nothing more than to win the East, I think. That would somehow mean WM stays. All I can think about is LSU. Especially with the way things are going now how bout just lets get through this Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.