Projected Starting Lineup (Alligator Army)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Projected post-spring starting lineup. They list Riles as a starter.....oooooof!

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2016/5...rs-2016-depth-chart-projected-spring-practice

Position First Team Second Team
Quarterback Luke Del Rio Austin Appleby
Running back Mark Thompson Jordan Cronkrite OR Jordan Scarlett
Outside receiver Antonio Callaway Joshua Hammond OR Freddie Swain
Outside receiver Tyrie Cleveland Ahmad Fulwood OR C.J. Worton
Slot receiver Dre Massey Brandon Powell
Tight end DeAndre Goolsby C'yontai Lewis
Left tackle David Sharpe Martez Ivey
Left guard Martez Ivey Nick Buchanan
Center Tyler Jordan Cam Dillard
Right guard Antonio Riles Brandon Sandifer
Right tackle Fred Johnson Martez Ivey

Position First Team Second Team
End Cece Jefferson Jordan Sherit
Nose Joey Ivie Khairi Clark
Tackle Caleb Brantley Taven Bryan
RUSH Bryan Cox, Jr. Keivonnis Davis
MLB Alex Anzalone David Reese
WLB Jarrad Davis Daniel McMillian
SLB Matt Rolin Kylan Johnson
CB Jalen Tabor Chris Williamson
CB Quincy Wilson Duke Dawson
Safety Nick Washington Marcell Harris
Safety Marcus Maye Chauncey Gardner
Nickel Duke Dawson Chauncey Gardner

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How can they project Calloway as the starter when he's not on the team? If we're gonna be able to do that then I say we project Tom Brady as the starting QB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How can they project Calloway as the starter when he's not on the team? If we're gonna be able to do that then I say we project Tom Brady as the starting QB.

Read the link...it's explained.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanx for that effort, BMF. On that listing, I hope we have a lot of heroes new & old

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There's zero depth on the d line. None. That LB corps is suspect as well outside of Davis

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trex, how much of that list are you eliminating ? names ... % ?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Trex, how much of that list are you eliminating ? names ... % ?

I'm not sure I follow you. My point is that you want a really good rotation on the d line to keep guys fresh. There's a huge drop off in talent after our front four.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure I follow you. My point is that you want a really good rotation on the d line to keep guys fresh. There's a huge drop off in talent after our front four.

You know I have a bent point don'tcha Trex ?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He lists 8 solid D-lineman above, and that doesn't include Zuniga and Clayton. I think Zuniga is going to be very good this year. Clayton will be eventually.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not enough to put him on the depth chart, much less the starter.

Who? What are you talking about? Calloway? From what most Gator "sites" are reporting it's just a matter of time before Calloway is back on the roster. School (UF) is just doing their due diligence in this era of Title IX threat (see FSU's poor handling of Title IX/sexual assault issues).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I think we are fine at the end spots. We are really thin at DT. So thin it will take Mac a couple of years to rebuild unless he gets a huge haul at that position.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think we are fine at the end spots. We are really thin at DT. So thin it will take Mac a couple of years to rebuild unless he gets a huge haul at that position.

We need to land a JUCO this off-season at DT.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
the article in the link also notes there have been whispers that Callaway is leaving. and, the "positive" posts were taken down after 48 hours. he could've been doing a little social media begging and Mac told him to shut it down. he's still deep in the doghouse as far as i'm concerned.

cleveland already a projected starter? i thought worton was putting it all together. guess not.

matt rollinover starting at LB? no. No. NO!!!! kylan will lap him within two quarters of the first game. or at least the first real game.

depth is an issue across the board on both sides of the ball. thanks chump!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, DT is probably one of the most important D positions if not the most important one. It is a tough ride when you are soft in the middle.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think kylan Johnson will definitely get the nod over Rollin

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It really doesn't matter who the starters are. It will probable change each week and several times per game. The one thing that will remain consistant this year, will be the QB. Unless LDR gets hurt or really stinks it up, he will start. All of the players on the list will play a lot.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The two weakest links on the first team are Rolin and Riles. It sure looks better than last year though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Two would be better...

Of course it would be better...but it's not realistic. There are very few "elite" (or SEC level DTs in the JUCO ranks) and the odds of TWO of them signing w/ one school is very long. I'm not greedy, I just want one. And hopefully we don't whiff again on the HS DT's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.