Putu: Little Known Recruit

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good to know; thanks Delgator.

CB, 6'1", 190 lbs ... came to college as WR but they needed a safety so he switch.
Then they needed a CB and once he caught on to it, he started the last 6 games, made
9 INTs and caused 6 fumbles.

He's coming from a team that plays UF's 4-2-5 defense. Collins says he's the best CB
in the nation ...? Putu accepted UF's offer without ever visiting Gainesville. He mentioned
UF was #2 in the nation in Sports Management, his major.

Greatest thing: his head-shape is like an alligators.??

PS> did you know Bo Jackson ran a 4.12 40 at the NFL combine ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We don't really play a 4-2-5, we just didn't recruit anything but DBs for the last 5 years. Collins theoretically plays the same 3-4/4-3 hybrid with "Rush" being the same as "Buck" in the old system. In reality, Chimp played a lot of press on the corners and Collins plays a lot of 3 and 4 deep soft coverage.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Very impressive Mr. Law... from this point forward, anyone on this board questions your superior football knowledge, will have to deal with me! :whipped:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is an interesting prospect. He has all the measureables and his highlight tape he he looks a grown man playing against abunch of kids. The down side is that the level of competition where he is looks pretty bad.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just read the article. I'm sure all of the Arkansas fans are complaining that they need a better "Bagman"

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is an interesting prospect. He has all the measureables and his highlight tape he he looks a grown man playing against abunch of kids. The down side is that the level of competition where he is looks pretty bad.

Level of competition is low, sure. But how is that any different than watching a HS kids highlight tape and drooling over it?

Level of competition for an SEC caliber athlete is certainly down on the HS football field. Gotta believe it's better at the JC level where kids are one to two years bigger and stronger and most likely, every kid on the field was an above average player in HS.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Level of competition is low, sure. But how is that any different than watching a HS kids highlight tape and drooling over it?

Level of competition for an SEC caliber athlete is certainly down on the HS football field. Gotta believe it's better at the JC level where kids are one to two years bigger and stronger and most likely, every kid on the field was an above average player in HS.
I don't disagree. Sounds like teams got on him late because he just moved over to corner last year. It will be interesting to see what Gray can do with him.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was lost in a lost world. I wonder if we may somehow be related.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Great size for a CB. Wasn't long ago that it was very rare to find a CB taller than 5'11.

I imagine this kid will play a lot, giving our younger (true freshman) time to adjust. We need a good replacement for Poole and some of our returning players (Harris especially) may not be ideal for that spot. I doubt Putu wins a starting CB spot, so nickel is his most likely position to get on the field asap.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We need a good replacement for Poole and some of our returning players (Harris especially) may not be ideal for that spot.
I think they were planning on moving Dawson to Nickel but if this guy is better suited for coverage then it could work out for him. That would have Washington, Harris and Dawson battling for the other safety spot beside Maye. The bad thing is all three of those guys have looked lost in coverage when they have gotten on the field.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think they were planning on moving Dawson to Nickel but if this guy is better suited for coverage then it could work out for him. That would have Washington, Harris and Dawson battling for the other safety spot beside Maye. The bad thing is all three of those guys have looked lost in coverage when they have gotten on the field.

Dawson would be good in that spot also. Putu definitely gives us options. I'm concerned about that 2nd safety spot.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm concerned about that 2nd safety spot.
Our safety's have been less than good in coverage for the last few years. Some of that may be due to having to supply run support most of the time to make up for the LBer situation. Not expecting that to change much this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That would have Washington, Harris and Dawson battling for the other safety spot
I can't even imagine Harris at safety. Love the kid, but he is just too damn slow. He really needs to be in the weightroom and move to LB.
The bad thing is all three of those guys have looked lost in coverage when they have gotten on the field.
And Maye has looked????? Fvkking lost. Most plays.

We fired that coach for a reason and it was JUST sucktastic recruiting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even imagine Harris at safety. Love the kid, but he is just too damn slow. He really needs to be in the weightroom and move to LB.

And Maye has looked????? Fvkking lost. Most plays.

We fired that coach for a reason and it was JUST sucktastic recruiting.
Just out of curiosity. When has Harris ever played enough for you to be able to make that assessment of him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator